New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Anybody experiencing stray cats/kittens settling at the engine bay? How do you keep this stray animals from getting inside the engine bay. It pause danger to your car's engine moving parts when unnoticed that one is resting there get entangled when you start the engine.

Any advise to avoid this animals getting rest at the engine compartment. Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Cats & rodents can turn the engine bay their dining area & latrine. It's their way of marking & owning their territory. On rainy nights, it provides them safe dry shelter. I've witnessed pet, stray & pest but never simultaneously. Worse, you might find some harnesses chewed or unknowingly run the drive belt off from a squeezed messy mass....overheating or killing a good batt.
    I've even learned to identify the prints they leave on a regularly cleaned bay & have tried a few recommended methods. Dint go as far as using offensive scents nor anything toxic inside. Racumin blocks, I've used, placed in dark areas away from cars & inaccessible to dogs/cats.
    First move. Reclaim ownership! Thoroughly clean & rid the compartment of feces & piss stench. Detail esp the undertray. Their familiar scents/stench are their territorial markers.
    Those ultrasonic anti-pest/pet gadgets? Forget them. They don't work.
    Leaving the hood up thinking they're shy? Wrong. They're not! This would give them more room to move.
    You can try peppermint oil solution sprayed over the just-cleaned bay as commonly seen over YouTube. The more concentrated, the more irritating...but as tried, it wears off quickly w/ engine heat if car is constantly used.
    I modified this by reactivating old cans of freshener w/ crystal menth(not meth🤪) that I put where they're secure even when hit. Placed when parked, removed when car's used. Does it work? There are mornings I see prints, but they're random & far between now unlike prior when 'twas habitual...like multiple times a week. They must've been attempts by different strays that learned to not revisit anymore....or it could just be better LUCK. One sure thing, the bay smells of spa now....instead of sewer.How to get rid of kittens in the engine bay
    Oh, pussies on the bonnet or the roof? They do leave scratches. Do not scare them when you catch them. Just cover the frequented. My hobo take? Used sheets cut to hood & roof sizes(secured by wipers & doors respectively).
    Hope this helps...Good luck, sir.How to get rid of kittens in the engine bay

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    just knock at the car's hood before you get in...

those stray animals normally would go to the engine for heat.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by restituto View Post
    Anybody experiencing stray cats/kittens settling at the engine bay? How do you keep this stray animals from getting inside the engine bay. It pause danger to your car's engine moving parts when unnoticed that one is resting there get entangled when you start the engine.

Any advise to avoid this animals getting rest at the engine compartment. Thank you.
    you're lucky.
    our pusakals prefer my front hood and roof...
    complete with claw scratches and all.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Cats & rodents can turn the engine bay their dining area & latrine. It's their way of marking & owning their territory. On rainy nights, it provides them safe dry shelter. I've witnessed pet, stray & pest but never simultaneously. Worse, you might find some harnesses chewed or unknowingly run the drive belt off from a squeezed messy mass....overheating or killing a good batt.
    I've even learned to identify the prints they leave on a regularly cleaned bay & have tried a few recommended methods. Dint go as far as using offensive scents nor anything toxic inside. Racumin blocks, I've used, placed in dark areas away from cars & inaccessible to dogs/cats.
    First move. Reclaim ownership! Thoroughly clean & rid the compartment of feces & piss stench. Detail esp the undertray. Their familiar scents/stench are their territorial markers.
    Those ultrasonic anti-pest/pet gadgets? Forget them. They don't work.
    Leaving the hood up thinking they're shy? Wrong. They're not! This would give them more room to move.
    You can try peppermint oil solution sprayed over the just-cleaned bay as commonly seen over YouTube. The more concentrated, the more irritating...but as tried, it wears off quickly w/ engine heat if car is constantly used.
    I modified this by reactivating old cans of freshener w/ crystal menth(not meth🤪) that I put where they're secure even when hit. Placed when parked, removed when car's used. Does it work? There are mornings I see prints, but they're random & far between now unlike prior when 'twas habitual...like multiple times a week. They must've been attempts by different strays that learned to not revisit anymore....or it could just be better LUCK. One sure thing, the bay smells of spa now....instead of sewer.How to get rid of kittens in the engine bay
    Oh, pussies on the bonnet or the roof? They do leave scratches. Do not scare them when you catch them. Just cover the frequented. My hobo take? Used sheets cut to hood & roof sizes(secured by wipers & doors respectively).
    Hope this helps...Good luck, sir.How to get rid of kittens in the engine bay

Sir, where can you buy this "crystal menth"? what are the other names for this? Any risk of toxicity of the chemical component?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    you're lucky.
    our pusakals prefer my front hood and roof...
    complete with claw scratches and all.
    I always cover the car when not in use. I have already noticed foot prints of cats before. So just to prevent the scratches, I always put on the car cover.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by restituto View Post
    Sir, where can you buy this "crystal menth"? what are the other names for this? Any risk of toxicity of the chemical component?
    They're just crystals of menthol(formed by freezing mint oil). Organic. Used in food, pharma, cosmetics, therapy, etc. Shopee, Lazada retail them.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Strays, so these are not pets. Kill them. Yes i mean it, they are pests so do what one does to pests. Exterminate.

WATUSI. Put a watusi the size of grains of rice in a hotdog. 30 minutes and you will be bagging them for the garbage collectors' next trip.

Ah, do keep your PETS inside or leashed while doing this.
    Last edited by yebo; July 16th, 2020 at 11:02 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Strays, so these are not pets. Kill them. Yes i mean it, they are pests so do what one does to pests. Exterminate.

WATUSI. Put a watusi the size of grains of rice in a hotdog. 30 minutes and you will be bagging them for the garbage collectors' next trip.

Haha...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post

Any alternative to watusi? They only available on new year and I believe they are banned. I'm asking for a friend.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast