New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    ... my Nissan econobox 1.6L during the early 90s was already doing 180 kph on 4th gear on the expressway without mods.
    GA16DNE? Diba walang vvt ito?

Siguro nga depende talaga sa driver.
    Kasi po yung mga nakakasabay kong B14 Super Saloon (pormado. ricer?) ... at B13 (luxury selection, yung AT yata) ay hindi naman ganung katulin

Pantay kami at 150, then they dont go faster than that. They are usually left behind when I downshift to 4th to hit the vtec..

Sorry, OT, this is a Civic thread nga pala. hehe
    Kelan kaya gagawa ang mag naka Lancer, Corolla at 323? haha

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    GA16DNE? Diba walang vvt ito?

Siguro nga depende talaga sa driver.
    Kasi po yung mga nakakasabay kong B14 Super Saloon (pormado. ricer?) ... at B13 (luxury selection, yung AT yata) ay hindi naman ganung katulin
    B13 GA16DE M/T. All stock, including the 13 inch wheels.

I was hitting 180kph and the speed & rev limiter. (Usually along NLEX towards Malolos Bulacan).

Maybe you didn't see anyone going any faster because no one was insane enough.

Pantay kami at 150, then they dont go faster than that. They are usually left behind when I downshift to 4th to hit the vtec..
    vtec yo!

Last edited by ghosthunter; August 7th, 2009 at 12:08 AM.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nickriingen View Post
    Series 2 Nissan Sentra Super Super Saloon 1.6 ECCS has a very responsive engine and good power to weight ratio compared with other brands in its class. It can outrun those Civics mentioned before even on stock condition, no modificatrions needed. I reached 160 kph on the NLEX while it is under construction last 2004.
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Saan 'to galing? :/

Hindi naman ata to civic? :o

Palakihan ng e-peen? ahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    nasa driver yan, actually. advantage ka pa kasi you were running a DOHC engine with lots of torque.

against a plain VTEC 1.6 i doubt if it is possible for a sentra to outrun a civic. redline na eccs yung vtec nagsisimula pa lang mag VTEC. against a honda hatch with the original ph12 1200cc, pwede...
    Hala naging comparison na ng nissan and civic pagagalitan tayo ni sir gh nyan sabagay kasama si sir gh na nagcomment sa nissan...hahaha joke

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A D16 Civic and a GA16 Sentra are about the same... both will hit about 185 km/h as stock. We tested an Exalta against a Civic VTi (both AT), and, to our shock... the Exalta actually kept up with the Civic.

An SiR, now that's different. An SiR can hit somewhere between 200-220 km/h... of course, if you have a de-limited 2.0 Sentra, like GH's, you can hit 220, too...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    A D16 Civic and a GA16 Sentra are about the same... both will hit about 185 km/h as stock. We tested an Exalta against a Civic VTi (both AT), and, to our shock... the Exalta actually kept up with the Civic.

An SiR, now that's different. An SiR can hit somewhere between 200-220 km/h... of course, if you have a de-limited 2.0 Sentra, like GH's, you can hit 220, too...
    wow! an exalta that kept up with a civic. i had an exalta before. it felt super heavy compared to an ek civic.

anyway, my esi with b16 a/t (de-limited speedo, vafc, intake & exhaust upgrade, type r cams) made 220kph on tabang exit at nlex. my stock fd 1.8v made 195kph with 4 passengers and a loaded trunk at sctex.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    We owned both the SiR and B13 Super saloon, they both suck compared to the sentra's lost brother pulsar/sunny GTI-R. pataasan ng ihe! :rofl:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Negus View Post
    We owned both the SiR and B13 Super saloon, they both suck compared to the sentra's lost brother pulsar/sunny GTI-R. pataasan ng ihe! :rofl:
    1.6L engines can't compare to a 2.0L tuner's delight engine.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I was actually browsing for a kei car the other day when I found these two gems.

http://kakaku.com/kuruma/catalog/nis...used/761323_1/
    http://kakaku.com/kuruma/catalog/nis...sed/2300948_1/

if only my apartment's parking regulation permits . and I've read somewhere that you actually have to own the car for 2 years before you can send it overseas. hala, OT na masyado.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ejaydpogi View Post
    wow! an exalta that kept up with a civic. i had an exalta before. it felt super heavy compared to an ek civic.

anyway, my esi with b16 a/t (de-limited speedo, vafc, intake & exhaust upgrade, type r cams) made 220kph on tabang exit at nlex. my stock fd 1.8v made 195kph with 4 passengers and a loaded trunk at sctex.
    We were mildly surprised, ourselves. Considering the Exalta STA was a porky piece of poo pie, and I had one extra passenger, and the guy in the Civic was alone.

However, at about 175-180 km/h, after running level with each other for two or three minutes, he started pulling away. Rats!

Later on, he admitted to turning off his aircon (we had ours on full-blast)... once he turned it off... tuuuuurbo....

Of course, at lower speeds, in 1st and 2nd gear, the Exalta is no match... but at highway speeds, it's not the weight so much as the gearing and the power that matter.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Negus View Post
    I was actually browsing for a kei car the other day when I found these two gems.

http://kakaku.com/kuruma/catalog/nis...used/761323_1/
    http://kakaku.com/kuruma/catalog/nis...sed/2300948_1/

if only my apartment's parking regulation permits . and I've read somewhere that you actually have to own the car for 2 years before you can send it overseas. hala, OT na masyado.
    Why not buy them and then store in a sealed 40 foot container for two years?

Maybe even throw in a front cut of another one for spare parts...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
How fast is your Civic!!!