New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you ask me, those EK Civics are kinda overpriced for what you get (no airbags, ABS, etc). It is a good car to drive though; still my favorite Civic model in terms of driving feel.

Irregardless of how well it has been maintained, keep around 30K handy for any extra repairs, preventive maintenance (changing all fluids, filters, checking belts, suspension, etc.), comprehensive insurance, and transfer of ownership, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    maybe some dudes here can convince you to buy a Ford Lynx nalang

http://tsikot.com/forums/car-buying-...ga-idol-84787/
    And add 18"rims first and foremost... nice.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    If you ask me, those EK Civics are kinda overpriced for what you get (no airbags, ABS, etc). It is a good car to drive though; still my favorite Civic model in terms of driving feel.

Irregardless of how well it has been maintained, keep around 30K handy for any extra repairs, preventive maintenance (changing all fluids, filters, checking belts, suspension, etc.), comprehensive insurance, and transfer of ownership, etc.

overbudget na yan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselDI View Post
    Actually the asking price is 260k at nagkasundo kami sa 250k kasama na pag-ayos ng mga papeles, pagtransfer ng ownership at clearance, ayaw na magpatawad nung seller since he insisted na well maintained naman daw yung sasakyan which to my impression is true, brought also the unit to my trusted mechanic and gave me a good feedback after he thoroughly inspected the car especially from any flooded signs. As what you all said and suggested, i've done it all. Maraming salamat po mga sir, I decided to get the unit.
    Done deal na pala. Goodluck and enjoy your new ride.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post

I hope hindi naman ako gagastos ng ganyan kalaking amount, as far as i've seen the car and inspected by my trusted mechanic, all of those basic parts (belts, fluids, filters, hoses, etc.) has been newly replaced by the owner, suspensions are still intact "walang kalampag" as they say. No leaks din, all marks made by the manufacturer on its nuts, bolts and screws in the engine are still intact. All in all, no mods has been made, all stock but of course there are signs of aging being an 11 year old car.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselDI View Post
    I hope hindi naman ako gagastos ng ganyan kalaking amount, as far as i've seen the car and inspected by my trusted mechanic, all of those basic parts (belts, fluids, filters, hoses, etc.) has been newly replaced by the owner, suspensions are still intact "walang kalampag" as they say. No leaks din, all marks made by the manufacturer on its nuts, bolts and screws in the engine are still intact. All in all, no mods has been made, all stock but of course there are signs of aging being an 11 year old car.
    I guess that would be alright. Each car that departs from our garage is always problem free and will continue be so for many years to come with proper maintenance. So there really is such a thing as a problem free 2nd hand car. Guess you hit the jackpot. Palit ng aftermarket air filter nalang yan, change to xenon bulbs, and change the stock mags to 16" or 17" (IMHO wag na umabot ng 18"s baka maging matagtag sobra ang ride), there are some very good shops in Banawe where you can buy good brand new and 2nd hand mags for a low price. Hope you enjoy your ride!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    17's = too big for an ek

16's max.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks mga tsikoteers sa inputs ninyo, i'm planning to have it checked at casa or any reputable shops this coming weekend for some basic preventive maintenance just have more peace of mind. Iba rin kasi syempre yung ikaw mismo yung nagpa-check.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
How About a 2000 Model Honda Civic (SIR Body)?