New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Hi guys!

I just had my car serviced at honda cars makati. I spent a whopping P54k for both the PMS and engine oil leak repair. So far i'm just waiting for the spool valve which is currently being ordered to arrive. Part of the PMS for my 2000 Accord was to check the power steering system - that they did and they also changed the fluids. A few days ago, while taking a look at my engine after driving from ortigas to taguig to paranaque, I noticed some form of leak coming from one of the tubes that's connected to the power steering reservoir. It made me really curious because as far as i know, before honda cars makati checked my car, there were no leaks. I've been monitoring the leak these past few days and around .5 mm to 1 mm of fluid based on the high and low portion of the reservoir has been lost. Any idea as to how much would it cost to replace the tubes? The tubes look to be in good condition, it appears that the clamps holding it are really old. Thanks in advance to any of you who replies! God bless :D

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    You don't need an OEM replacement hose for that matter. It's just a steering hose. Even if it fails, the only thing you'll feel with your vehicle is the heavy steering. The local ones will do fine already. Just look for a Power steering/hydraulics shop near you and they'll take care of your problem ASAP.

BTW, i noticed that mahihinang klase talaga mga Honda Steering hoses? All of my friends have and had this problem with their honda's, specifically Civic's.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Why thank you good sir for replying quickly! :D I was actually contemplating about going to a power steering/hydraulics shop near my place. I do know that the OEM replacements are really expensive and I don't want to spend more money haha! I'll look for a shop near my place and i'll update this post once I have the hose/s replaced. Thanks again sir SiRbossR! God bless and a pleasant evening to ya

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think what you're talking about is the return hose 1k+ Lang yan sa casa

Hose for Power Steering Fluid