New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    And sa panahon ngayon ts di na usi mga 13+km/L maski nga honda city nag8km/L sa city kasi traffic eh tapos mga 18km/L sa highway brand new pa yun

Alto at prius lang makakaabot ng ganyan unless sacrifice mo sarili mo w/o aircon which is really unthinkable sa weather na ganito

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Galing nun sir ah..hehe..kahit na 10-15km lng the best na yun...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Oikim View Post
    Cge2 subukan kong hamonin..for d record mga boss...myth lng talaga ang "Rechip"???
    Rechipping per se won't do much wonders. It simply readies the engine for real "tuning" to let the tuner modify your fuel and ignition map according to your modifications and intended application. On most Hondas, rechipping can only adjust the VTEC engagement point on the spot or lets you have VTEC (if done after a mini-me swap).

Remember, engine makes power using air, fuel and spark (ignition). Rechipping only won't modify them. Tuning will.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Oikim View Post
    Galing nun sir ah..hehe..kahit na 10-15km lng the best na yun...
    That was 2008 prior to ethanol infestation. Today, I can hardly make 9.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    That's not possible ........ I own a 2000 Vti and I'm very satisfied with my FC. I wouldn't tinker the computer box to compensate my car's performance.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Huwag na bro. Tinkering with the ECU may let you have better mileage. But I'm pretty sure it does so by retarding engine response. I suggest you do a thorough tuneup of your engine and perhaps get a K&N filter then drive smoothly. You'd get better mileage this way, and also a few more horses in the process.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    With our current fuel na mayroon ethanol, na mabilis masunog at maubos & 1.6l displacement, malabo kahit 15km/l; only a diesel engine can accomplish 20ish because of diesel slow combustion & compression system. kahit palitan or reprogram ang ECU it will still balance the fuel to air ratio to make the engine efficiency, too much or little air/fuel, totope makina mo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Honda vti 96: 20km/liter??!!!