New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I have just noticed my rear defogger button does not light anymore when pressed and parang matagal mag-defog yung defogger. Ano po kaya dapat ko muna tingnan for an initial check-up bago ko dalahin sa electrical mechanic.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    about the rear defogger button, most likely busted na iyong rice bulb inside it. it's actually quite easy to replace that yourself. you just have to carefully pry the assembly very carefully to get to it

re: the rice bulb you can actually buy that from the casa but there are cheaper alternatives out there especially at sir estri's selling thread at hondaclub. i got several of my rice bulbs for my gauge from him

hth

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    If your defogger not working properly check the following:

Use an ohmmeter to make sure a current reaches the back window. If the ohmmeter registers current on one side of the defroster tab on the rear window and not the other, the tab may be broken. Tabs( one on each side) are easily knocked off and need to be reattached with an adhesive that conducts electricity. If current reaches the window but the system will not work, the window filament has a break in it somewhere, so inspect carefully. If the filament are broken you can repair this. Mask the broken section with masking tape in between then paint with silver conductive paint to repair.

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    aSK KO lang saan po nakakabili ng adhesive coz yun sa akin yung tab natanggal mismo? i really need it badly kasi lalo na ngayon tag ulan... thank you in advance. Or meron bang gumagawa ng ganun kasi sa casa they recommend na change the entire glass. napakamahal just for that.

honda vtec 99 rear defogger