New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcats
    its actually underneath the front seats :D
    Ganun ba? Pero, the question still stands, hindi ba mas delikado yun? May nag-test na ba ito internationally o kahit locally? I'm not sure but, logically, mas safe sa likod kasi most accident are frontal in nature.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Honda has done very extensive testing on the crash structure of the Jazz/City.

Most manufacturers prefer putting the tank under the rear seats to maximize rear legroom and to optimize the weight balance of the car. But there's no difference safety-wise between having the fuel tank under the front seats or the rear seats.

Consider, in front end collisions, how many modern cars sustain damage to the front passenger floor? The passenger area is the stiffest in the car, and it's for that reason that most modern cars have fuel tanks tucked up under the seats (whether rear or front).

I think this is an even better idea for small hatchbacks like the Jazz. If the fuel tank were in the back of the small hatch, it would be easier to damage in an accident. Putting the tank under the front seats puts it in the center of the car... as far away as possible from any accidents.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Nice point. I'm just worried about this new design. Did you find any web site about this test? I'd appreciate it if you can provide the URL link to them. Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    http://world.honda.com/news/2004/4040624.html

It's not as good as new midsized cars, but it's better than many old compacts and most new subcompacts. It's about as safe as an old Accord, I'd suppose.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ayos! Thanks very much. :cool:

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    One more question. I think Jazz is CBU(complete built-up unit), but it 2006 City one too?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    i think the city is assembled sa sta. rosa plant.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Honda unveils the new & refreshed City