New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Just dont use a material that would be very stiff. The material needs to be soft enough that in a rear collision would not intrude or push into the cabin through the rear seats.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it'll take a VERY stiff and sharp board for it to have enough force to go through the rear seats, especially if the board itself is situated inside the initial impact area and is wider than the seatback's opening.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    any update on this? i'm also interested in getting one for my ESi which is shredding to pieces . same as what happened to the thread starter - got wet din. anyway i tried before in Evangelista but couldn't find. if anyone know's JPN surplus source and price, kindly post it here or send me PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this is a pretty new thread actually DIY talaga solusyon hehe

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    The ones on my '93 and '95 ESI eventually disintegrated into small bits of pulps and powder upon getting wet. I eventually had it replaced with a cardboard like material which was so hard to fit into the opening of the trunk, since the cardboard cannot be bent without lots of effort. I believe the material is called lawanit.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    if i can direct you to another forum..(mitsulancerph.com) they have a thread there regarding this trunk cover. you just have to make the necessary adjustment on the measurements na lang since civic ride mo..

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Thanks y'all for the inputs. I'll try some shops and if i can't find anything, most probably, DIY na nga.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcats
    mahirap ata yan bro ah.. sa banawe lang yan siguro. mdami yan dun. :D tatanung ko frend ko dun ah if mayron sya. PM ko syo price
    pa-PM din sir. yun din ang problema nung 96 civic ko.

meron ba kayong idea kung merong nag-cu customize nito as in fiberglass na sya?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Honda Spare Parts