New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by benjieg View Post
    Just looking at it, how do you tell an SiR from an "SiR-body"?
    SiRs would have rear disc brakes, mesh front grills, non chrome window trims, dohc vtec stickers on the rear doors, and those non visible are the b16 engine, upholstery, gauge, leather wrapped red stitched steering wheel and a different shift knob.

TS, bring your car to a reputable shop down south, here in the paranaque area you can bring it to honly in sucat for the simple maintainance and upgrades, or blanche racing in bf homes if you want it all raced up. But personally id get an FD for a daily driver, medyo matanda na kase ako and would go with a newer car most of the time.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    The price of a second hand fd is about the same as the SiR. So in terms of value, it still favors the SiR.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    It all depends on your priorities. If you need a 2nd car, then definitely keep the SiR. But if you've already outgrown the need for speed or you can't afford to keep both and simply want a new Civic, get the 9th Gen (2012) Civic. Better fuel economy, has enough power on tap, and with safety features that can outclass the M1 Abrams tank (or maybe not, but you get the point).

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    SIR parin kahit pa out dated tech...pa at "matanda na" its not always about the "new engine, new suspension, new etc.." personally if its works and performs well i will keep it. added bonus nalang yung pogi points. No need for additional mods.. keeping a stock car stock is hard enough hirap kaya kalaban ng rust , dents, paint fade etc... so instead of go fast mods sa maintainance nlang mag concentrate. : )

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Torque Master View Post
    SIR parin kahit pa out dated tech...pa at "matanda na" its not always about the "new engine, new suspension, new etc.." personally if its works and performs well i will keep it. added bonus nalang yung pogi points. No need for additional mods.. keeping a stock car stock is hard enough hirap kaya kalaban ng rust , dents, paint fade etc... so instead of go fast mods sa maintainance nlang mag concentrate. : )
    ayan nanaman si torque master e, kaw kaya gumawa nung "hater" thread kaya marami nagkaayaan magkape.

FD for me.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Fc wise ano mas ok fd or SIR?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Torque Master View Post
    Pero kapag sa aksidente, I'd rather be in the FD than in the SiR.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by eido View Post
    Fc wise ano mas ok fd or SIR?
    I can squeeze 13km. per liter on the Si-R, 14 on the Vt-i. On the same route

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've done 18 km/l in an FD 1.8 MT on the highway.

The SiR isn't quite as economical. Shorter gearing, less sophisticated low rpm tuning.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I've done 18 km/l in an FD 1.8 MT on the highway.

The SiR isn't quite as economical. Shorter gearing, less sophisticated low rpm tuning.
    5th gear, 60KPH and A/C off? Haha

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Honda SiR vs Honda FD