New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well the new Civic (9th gen) is essentially an FD that received a major facelift. Even the engine and transmission are the same medyo na tuned up lang yung bagong R18 for the 9th gen...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    don't forget pag gusto mo FD meron ako benta some OEM mods nakalagay
    na siya cruise control na lang kulang

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Malakas parehas engine nila kaso mas mabigat ang FD kaya di ubra sa SIR.
    Classic ang SIR...if you have the money, keep it...if not then get the FD (yun daw ang next SIR eh hehe)

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I rarely see a well-maintained SiR engine plying the roads. Either these have been modified at one point, or revved excessively causing wear and tear. Maintaining and tuning an SiR will prove more expensive in the long run.

Not sure about the SiR being faster than the 1.8 FD. I've road raced a few SiRs with my 1.8 FD M/T (stock engine), and I haven't encountered any SiR that was faster. Do not race on the streets, I am a bad example.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ill stick with the SiR. keep it stock and proper maintenance lang panalo na yung oto.

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    SIR is a lot better than fDs available here in the PH in terms of speed and performance...to the tS, retain yours

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    I'd retain your SiR, kasi baka masuka ka kung pano nililinis aircon ng FD (kalas buong dash board... hehehe)

Kidding aside.. I prefer the SiR over the Fd. Mods that would be nice
    1. Reinforce the body to make it stiffer since its a 10 year old car.
    2. engine: port & polish + balancing
    3. maybe upgrade the cams too...
    4. upgrade the air intake to free flow (Non noisy type)
    5. upgrade the exhaust (pero hindi yung maingay pa rin)
    6. strut bars front and rear
    7. projector headlight upgrade too
    +100 dito tapos, puwede din top overhaul lang. Palit ng piston rings lang. Mas makakatipid ka kesa sa sell it and buy brand new. Maybe kunting hilamos ng paint would do wonders din.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The SiR is faster than the FD in a straight line or a drag-race, but the FD's 1.8 has a good amount of torque and the top end is pretty decent.

The FD also has more stable handling, a stiffer body shell (which makes a big difference on the race track), faster steering and a better, bigger interior with nicer plastics.

But... the SiR is very collectible. If it were mine, I'd suggest keeping the engine mostly stock. At most, put a panel filter in, upgrade to a chipped P08 computer box and go for Type R cams. Then work on stiffening up the old suspension and upgrading the brakes. But that's it. Keep it "sleeper".

A riced-out SiR looks like a badly modified LXi. A clean SiR, on the other hand, turns heads.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    Honda Civic SiR, future classic, and cheap to maintain.
    Just looking at it, how do you tell an SiR from an "SiR-body"?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredpianist View Post
    what is overhaul? haha. kakatune up ko nga lang e. parang wala naman kasi ginagawa sa tune up. haha. linis spark plugs, check timing belt, etc.
    How odd for an SiR owner not to know what overhaul is.

Tune up is more than just cleaning spark plugs.

More than that the usual oil change, it checks ignition timing, valve clearance and necessary adjustments.

I suggest you do your homework sir.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Honda SiR vs Honda FD