New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sorry Alwayz_yummy hehehehe. Ako din 26y/o lang and i drive a galant. Nasabi ko lang yun kasi si Mom ko ang nag decide eh, pati si Dad ko yun ang gusto. Pero kaming bros and sis eh sa SIR kami. The day i got the hand, and foot on the galant, you feel the HP with the slight press of the pedal, also very stable in high speeds.
    Taka ko lang, both SIR and Galant with their high HP, doesnt have air bags. Sguro to cut prices na rin

pinas talaga ganyan....

ako din dad ko pumili ng maxima, and frankly ok naman,sulit na sulit!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup, sayang nga na walang airbags.

In the Galant's case, understandable, ang taas na ng prices ng mga midsize cars (due to taxes), so they had to cut corners where they could.

For the SiR, well, Honda had to cut corners to bring the price down, as the B16 engine is relatively expensive. If the SiR was equipped like similar top-of-the-line compacts of its time, it would've cost nearly 1m... a price that people at the time (when top-of-the-line cars cost only 750-800k) would probably not pay for a car of that size.

Heck, even the VTi lacked amenities, and it was priced in the high range.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Pwede po ba gumamit na tayo ng tamang terms para sa Philippine market????

Galant 2.0 Super Saloon - Eto yata yung sinasabi nyo na Inline 4 na Galant aka VR4

Galant 2.5 VR - Eto yata yung sinasabi nyo na V6 Engine Galant...

So pwede po bang Galant SS o Galant VR na lang tawag natin? Nde naman yata dumating yang true VR4 na Galant dito sa Pinas e...

Para sa akin... Galant VR pa rin yung BMW 5-series look alike... Nanalo ng Car of the Year kaya panalo to!

Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    eto magkalinawan na....

ang VR4 na galant ay awd, up to 6th gen lang ang IN-LINE-4 4G63T AT HANGANG DUN LANG!

7th gen, 8th gen Galant VR4 are equipped with this:

and only that!

so kung LOCAL NA 7th-8th gen vr4---ITS A BIG FAKE! VERY BIG! HYPE LANG NG MGA SELLERS... AT WALANG VR6 ANG MITSU.... VR6 IS THE TRADEMARK FOR VOLKSWAGEN PERFORMANCE V6 ENGINES....
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    Pwede po ba gumamit na tayo ng tamang terms para sa Philippine market????

Galant 2.0 Super Saloon - Eto yata yung sinasabi nyo na Inline 4 na Galant aka VR4

Galant 2.5 VR - Eto yata yung sinasabi nyo na V6 Engine Galant...

So pwede po bang Galant SS o Galant VR na lang tawag natin? Nde naman yata dumating yang true VR4 na Galant dito sa Pinas e...

Para sa akin... Galant VR pa rin yung BMW 5-series look alike... Nanalo ng Car of the Year kaya panalo to!
    quoted ko na po siya kanina, lilinawin ko ung ONLY SA PHILIPINE MARKET:

GALANT VARIANTS:

GTI-6th gen top of the line 4g63 dohc!manual only

SS-super saloon 6th-8th gen (240M ang 9th gen), SOHC I-4 4g63, manual/matic, 91 below carb engine

VR- for the 7th gen:2 variants(see my quote and post above for reference..dapat siguro quote ito every page for reference and learning)
    w/ I-4(sohc 4g63), manual/matic...THIS IS NOT THE VR4 WE ENTHUSIASTs KNOW.

W/ DOHC 24v 6a12 2.0L, manual/matic...THIS IS NOT THE VR6 ENGINE WE ENTHUSIASTs KNOW!

sa 8th gen ang VR ay 2.5L 24v 6a13...alam ko matic lang lahat...for a limited run din!

nagkaroon din ng GTA trim: 8TH GEN SUPERSALOON GALANT w/ 4-speed tiptronic!

9th gen 240M lang trim.....

kaya ako lang, personally, panis yang stock SIR na yan sa stock 7th-8th gen authentic galant VR-4!
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; October 11th, 2006 at 10:39 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    niky, actually, limited to 180kph top speed mga JDM VR4 galants because of the ECU. but you can always have it reprogammed to remove the electronic speed governor

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Haha... so talo pala ng mga 1.5 yung VR4? I can see it now... a 250+ hp VR4 flying down the NLEX, overtaking a Vios going 120 km/h, and a few minutes later, as he's pinging the limiter, the Vios walks by him...

Was the old Skyline limiter also 180, or was that 200? Insane to have a limiter set that low on such a powerful car! I remember the 180 km/h limiter on my SR20 before... bad trip... spent all that money on a swap, only to be defeated by the speed governor... ahhh... those were the (irresponsible) days.

un ang prob talaga sa galants...speed limiters..kahit naman M5, alam ko 255kph ang limiter..

baka naman po 180mph ang limiter ng 7th-8th G....dependent ata ang limiter sa speedo, kung kph, 180 kph limiter, pero kung mph, baka 180mph....

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Maraming Japanese cars na may 180 km/h limiter.

Yung Germans yung may 150 mph limiter.

That's what's nice about the SiR and RS... no speed limiters... you can modify an RS to go fast enough to blow the engine (revving at 6600++ rpm at 220-235 km/h)... oops... what were we saying about 4-cylinder reliability at high speeds?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    even the R34 GT-R, in stock form, was speed limited to 180kph.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
HONDA SiR & MITSU galant VR4 & VR6,which is much better in performance?