New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2010
    For once and for all, para matapos ang lahat..

THE QUESTION IS:
    Is the Honda Prestige worth it??

Yes or no. and why.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    prestige (pres tēz̸h′, -tēj′)
    noun
    the power to impress or influence, as because of success, wealth, etc.
    reputation based on brilliance of achievement, character, etc.; renown
    prestige (prĕ-stēzhˈ, -stējˈ)
    noun
    The level of respect at which one is regarded by others; standing.
    A person's high standing among others
    ; honor or esteem.
    Widely recognized prominence, distinction, or importance: a position of prestige in diplomatic circles.

Errr no...i Kung Bentley or Maybach ayan pwede

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Before, yes.

Now.... No.

Overpriced cars with lack of features.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Well, no.

Look left and right, there will be always a Honda. Some of them .. well, most of them are ricers. Being prestigious is being unique. Being one of a kind.
    And driving a Honda doesn't make you one. Well, if you drive a Maybach, Rolls Royce, a C63 AMG and the like then OKAY, you're prestigious. Congratulations. But then again you're not. You just drive a car which is known by every single person out there.

Shame Honda for not giving discounts. I mean .. almost EVERY SINGLE CAR MAKER gives discounts even a little bit. Why can't HONDA do that ? `cause they consider their brand prestigious ? And whatever they do, people will still buy their units ? HA-HA-HA. Think again boys. Think more than twice.

There will be a time that people will get sick of them and no longer anymore buy their products.

I drive a Honda. And yet, I don't feel superior driving in one. I don't get boastful everytime I drive that puny car. Yes it may be powerful. Yes it may catch up with some cars. But it doesn't make me prestigious in any way. It doesn't make me superior in any way. And there's no reason for me to be such.

I admire Honda cars for being able to have a looooooong list of aftermarket modifications that an owner could put. Well, good for them. But then again, that doesn't make them anything more than a commoner's car.

If I'm going to consider Honda as prestigious then how do I consider Mitusbishis then ? The GOD of all car makes ? ..

Mitsubishi Lancer Fortis > Toyota Altis > Honda Civic

To finish this long .. er .. rant?, I would just like to say that if you want to be prestigious then don't buy a Honda. Cause you wont be. And if you ONLY have 2M on hand, then you wont have that prestige title on you. It's NOT enough. Well unless of course, you buy a 2nd hand Merc.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i've owned maybe 5 different kinds of honda through the years. pero nung 2009 ko lang nalaman na prestige brand kuno ang honda. i always bought them for the general utility value of their vehicles... not because i thought they were bling bling.

so no, i dont think honda is a prestige brand. mga probinsyano at bagito sa car ownership na lang ang napapaniwala sa marketing hype ng honda sales unit. probinsyano, bagito at mga owners na ayaw malugi sa pagbenta nila ng mga honda nila.

honda cars are reliable, yes, but so are nissans and toyotas. they're solidly built sure, but so are most jap cars manufactured after the lancer itlog. masyado lang talaga tayo mapaniwala sa marketing dito...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    NO NO NO!

I have a Honda in fact 2 of them. I don't feel the prestige compared to my Toyota, Hyundai and Ford. If its prestigious I shouldn't be seeing them left and right. They have to be few and unique to be PRESTIGIOUS.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Nope, never was considered a prestigious/premium brand in other countries. Thats why they have Acura as their premium brand. Dito lang sa Pinas sinabi na prestigious yan and for some absurd reason it was not allowed to be a taxi cab, when even a Merc S-class (which is infintely more prestigious and really out classes all honda products) is being used in other countries as a cab without a cringe from parent brand Mercedes...

If the definition of prestigious is paying a premium for car parts higher than other Car brand of the same category maybe it is, though I call it robbery... peace!

-also build quality before & now should never be an issue, while defects should be addressed promptly up to customers satisfaction and none of lame excuses (Honda Shaw?) to justify a lazy day at factory. - that is prestigious

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Mmm... I bought my 2nd hand honda because of its best bang for the buck, and not for its prestige. my answer is no.

P.S. Don't let things define a person, because if it does, then the person is not worth anything.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    80s and 90s are gone and so should the term. it should be replaced by "responsible" since it's the only carmaker who refuses to have a production car with v8 engine and who is always in the hunt for fuel efficiency.

i think the term prestige was really for not being a premium brand but by being establishing itself among the world's premier automotive manufacturers.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Honda cars are not prestigious. They are just reliable, solidly built, and extremely fuel efficient cars.

Is the Honda "PRESTIGE" worth it