New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    In today's modern vehicle engines and engine oils, you don't really need oil/engine additives. X1R is an oil/engine additive/treatment. Although it may not be harmful to your engine, it won't be of any good as well.

I remember when I still drive those "old" engines in the 90's. Duralube was really popular during that era. Duralube, like X1R is an oil/engine treatment. Honestly, Duralube prolonged the engine life of my old car then. The compression was restored and engine noise at hot weather and long trips were drastically reduced. In short, you can see significant improvement in your engine.

Nowadays, vehicle engine and motor oil engineering have evolved dramatically that "additives/treatments" are no longer necessary. It will only be an added cost.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by RiMsHoT View Post
    Pasali po - AFAIK ginamit nga DAW ng NASA ang x1R sa space program CRAWLER ( taga dala ng shuttle papuntang launch site), HINDI sa space shuttle mismo po yan ang detalyeng hindi nila sinasabi explicitly.
    You gotta give them credit where it's due. In their defense, the crawlers were part of the space shuttle program (including the programs before and after the space shuttle era). The crawlers themselves weigh 6 million pounds with the shuttle weighing in at around another 12 million pounds. That's a gross weight of approximately 18 million pounds.

If I were responsible in providing lubrication to that crawler, one way or another, I'd be proud of it. Besides, there's nothing much in the shuttle in a way of moving parts that requires much lubrication. There's the payload bay doors, or the main engine gimbals, which are said to handle forces in the whereabouts of 500,000 pounds of thrust.... a far cry from the 12 million pounds the crawler can carry.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    You gotta give them credit where it's due. In their defense, the crawlers were part of the space shuttle program (including the programs before and after the space shuttle era). The crawlers themselves weigh 6 million pounds with the shuttle weighing in at around another 12 million pounds. That's a gross weight of approximately 18 million pounds.

If I were responsible in providing lubrication to that crawler, one way or another, I'd be proud of it. Besides, there's nothing much in the shuttle in a way of moving parts that requires much lubrication. There's the payload bay doors, or the main engine gimbals, which are said to handle forces in the whereabouts of 500,000 pounds of thrust.... a far cry from the 12 million pounds the crawler can carry.
    It also seems that masmabigat ang workload ng crawler.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Note: This is just a repost from another thread.

My lady cousin who owns a 2016 Honda Civic for 1.5 years now just had a scheduled PMS (every 6 months). Umabot ng 8K+ sa bill niya and she asked me bakit kaya ang mahal daw??? Then I asked her to send me a copy of the receipt.

Just a regular change oil using the famous Honda Fully Synthetic Motor Oil 0w-20, oil filter and washer drain plug. Then to my surprise, may X1R engine treament! Bakit pa dapat lagyan ng X1R engine treatment ang isang fully synthetic motor oil ???

Aside from the X1R oil additive, meron pang X1R Petrol System Treatment, Bluechem Fuel System Cleaner at BG Fuel System Drier 100ml !!! Are these recommended to a "less than 2 year old" 2016 Honda Civic? Or to any modern Honda vehicles?

Breakdown of these add ons:

X1R engine treatment 250ml 970.54

X1R petrol system treatment 794.64

Bluechem fuel system cleaner 669.64

BG fuel system dried 100ml 769.99

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I have this same experience at FORD COMMONWEALTH. Nagpa PMS ako sa kanila then may siningit pala na X-1R sa service job na di sinabi sakin. Name of the service advisor is BRIAN. May time sya na sabihin sa akin kung ipapa engine wash ko after matapos ang pms pero wala syang time na sabihin sa customer kung ipapa engine flush using the famous X-1R, which is critical yun kc sa loob na ng engine whereas the engine wash ay sa labas lng tsk tsk. Saka na lng sinabi sa akin nung matapos na gawin at binibigyan ako ng raffle coupon dahil nag avail daw ako ng X-1R nila. Sabi ko , ha??? Panu ako nag avail nyan e ngaun mo lng sinabi sa akin after matapos mo na gawin ? ingat po kau mga paps…

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    always ask for the estimate bago mo ipa go.. para ma tanggal yang mga sinisingit na yan.. sa Honda nga dati sa dulo nila nilalagay yan.. ngayon hinahalo na na nila don sa taas para di mapansin..

7. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Had a similar experience in Suzuki Citimotors Alabang. Nagsisingit ng kung anu-ano. Make sure to have them show you the breakdown and estimate before they do the job.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Kailangan matigas kayo sa simula pa lang pag kauspan nyo service advisor pag preventive maintenance. Mga loko-loko jan sa casa. Wag kayo pabobola sa good morning good afternoon ng mga yan.

Busisiin nyo talaga breakdown. Read to them aloud kung para saan ba ito lalo na sa mga newbies. Iba na panahon ngayon lolokohin ka kung makakalusot sila. May hinahabol na quota yan buwan-buwan. Bonus din nila yun. Wag kayo papayag na magkakabonus sila dahil sa inyo.

And better pag tapos ng preventive maintenance lumayas kayo agad ng casa at wag na magpapagawa jan. PEro wag din kayo magpagawa sa rapide kasi malaki na problema nyo dahil online age na ngayon. So research research lang.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    doubledouble.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 12th, 2019 at 12:24 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    I have this same experience at FORD COMMONWEALTH. Nagpa PMS ako sa kanila then may siningit pala na X-1R sa service job na di sinabi sakin. Name of the service advisor is BRIAN. May time sya na sabihin sa akin kung ipapa engine wash ko after matapos ang pms pero wala syang time na sabihin sa customer kung ipapa engine flush using the famous X-1R, which is critical yun kc sa loob na ng engine whereas the engine wash ay sa labas lng tsk tsk. Saka na lng sinabi sa akin nung matapos na gawin at binibigyan ako ng raffle coupon dahil nag avail daw ako ng X-1R nila. Sabi ko , ha??? Panu ako nag avail nyan e ngaun mo lng sinabi sa akin after matapos mo na gawin ? ingat po kau mga paps…
    in the casa i patronage, i am shown the list of things my car is going to undergo. i read thru it and ask questions for clarification. i usually beg off from some items i feel are not necessary. only then do i sign my approval.

it's common knowledge, casas make more money on repair and services, and not on car sales.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast