New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Read somewhere in tsikot regarding burning power window switches in Honda City before...

Honda recalls over 19,000 vehicles in PH | ABS-CBN News | Latest Philippine Headlines, Breaking News, Video, Analysis, Features

MANILA, Philippines - Honda Cars Philippines Inc. (HCPI) on Monday announced a voluntary safety recall of some 19,143 units of Honda Jazz, City and CR-V vehicles.

In a press conference, Voltaire Gonzales, head of HCPI corporate communications and vehicle sales, said the safety recall would replace the power window master switch assembly with countermeasure parts.

The majority of the vehicles involved in the recall are 13,352 units of the locally-assembled City models between 2006 and 2008.

Included in the recall are 2,924 units of the Jazz models 2005 to 2007 and 2,867 units of the CR-V year models between 2005 to 2006. Both the Jazz and CR-V vehicles are imported completely built-up from Thailand.

The problem regarding the power window master switch was first detected in Japan in 2008.

A silicon component commonly found in air fresheners or automotive cleaning agents would enter into the power window master switch, that accelerates wear in the contact area. Over time, wear particles accumulate between the power source and ground of the unit switch. Then, the resin material would be heated and carbonized.

Gonzales said this may cause smoke and in worst cases, partial burning of the window switch cover.

This is the second time this year that Honda is recalling its Jazz and City models. Last February, there was a voluntary recall of 5,468 units of Jazz and City for a problem involving lost motion springs and retainers.

Gonzales said there are still no legal requirements on recalls in the Philippines, so voluntary recall is the usual process

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hindi ba nung unang ni recall yung mga previous gen na City/Jazz, nag announce yung Honda PH na hindi raw affected yung units nila rito?

Ano ba talaga?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    hey! this is free! ako, pupunta! no questions asked..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    mga GD jazz model from 2005 to 2007 ang pagkakaalam ko...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    yes, last year sabi nila hindi daw affected. kung wala pa yatang accident dito pinas di sila mag re-recall.

here is the link last year - Topgear

Honda Jazz and Honda City units sold in the Philippines do not have the faulty window switch which has prompted the Japanese carmaker to issue a worldwide recall over the weekend.

"The units being sold locally are not affected by the recall," Sheryl delos Santos, Honda Cars Philippines public relations officer.

The recall of 646,000 Honda Jazz (known as the Fit in other markets) and City units was announced on January 29.

"The master window switch in the driver's door can malfunction when exposed to large amounts of liquid ingress, for example if the window is left open frequently or for long periods during heavy rain," Honda UK said in a statement. "Water and other fluids can cause the circuit board of the window switch to malfunction and prevent opening or closing of the window. In rare cases, the circuit board can overheat causing melting or smoke or, potentially, fire."

There had been three reported cases of fire due to the window switch defect, a Reuters article on NYTimes.com said.

Units involved in the recall are built in Japan, China, Brazil, Thailand, Malaysia and India.

"All recalled cars will be fitted with a waterproof skirt to prevent further water entry," Honda UK said.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    affected iyong jazz namin dito. will just wait for the pre-scheduled appointment of the car

7. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hi sir and ma'am,
    How do i check if my unit is affected with honda recall? I bought a 2nd hand CRV 2003 and if i remember correctly, there were recalled units of CRV 2003 regarding airbag deployment last year.
    I don't want to bother the previous owner any more if I can confirm it on my own.

Thanks sa lahat ng makakatulong.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Hi sir and ma'am,
    How do i check if my unit is affected with honda recall? I bought a 2nd hand CRV 2003 and if i remember correctly, there were recalled units of CRV 2003 regarding airbag deployment last year.
    I don't want to bother the previous owner any more if I can confirm it on my own.

Thanks sa lahat ng makakatulong.
    Bro nubie_yahero, this may be late but you can go to honda phils (Honda Cars Philippines' Official Website). Nasa home site bandang left lang. Just lick the important announcement and it will direct you to this page (Press Releases :: Honda Cars Philippines, Inc.)
    Last edited by aries.domingo; September 10th, 2011 at 05:43 PM. Reason: quoted incorrect message

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    meron na bang nag avail sa recall ng honda dito? ano balita?

i've been waiting for their call but i guess it's time for me to be proactive w/ regards to this

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    same questions din mga sirs gaya ni nubie_yahero, I bought a 2nd hand 06honda city,yun power door lock hinde nagsasabay mag lock,covered din po ba sya sa mga honda recall.what should I bring? Thanks to all!.

Honda Philippines recalls over 19,000 vehicles in PH