New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://money.inq7.net/announcements/...6&dd=03&file=1

Honda recalls 12,000 Civic units for parts replacement
    Posted: 1:45 AM | Jun. 03, 2005

Inquirer News Service

HONDA Cars Philippines Inc. is calling on all owners of 2001-2004 Honda Civic sedans to get in touch with any authorized Honda dealer or service outlet for the replacement of the metal bands that hold the fuel tank in place.

Locally made metal bands have been found to exceed the required length, causing the slackening of the metal bands that hold the fuel tank in place. Continuous vibration may weaken the bands over time. This may cause the bands to snap, which in turn may cause the fuel tank to detach.

In February 2004, the first reported case of metal band failure prompted Honda Cars Philippines to conduct an investigation. Ten cases have been reported to date and have been acted on by the company.

Honda Cars Philippines is taking this voluntary safety recall campaign to replace all fuel tank bands of affected units. There are a total of 12,480 units of Honda Civic units affected.

Letters of notice had been sent to concerned Civic owners. To conduct the campaign in an orderly manner, customers are requested to call their respective dealers, or the Honda Hotline at 1-800-1000-HONDA (46632), for inquiries and details of scheduling. Replacement of affected parts will be carried out in all 20 authorized Honda dealers nationwide, free of charge, beginning June 6.

All Civic units manufactured beginning January 2005 have been corrected and therefore are not included in this campaign. Other Honda models such as the Honda CRV, City, Accord, Jazz, HRV, Odyssey and Legend are likewise not included.

copyright ©2005 INQ7money.net all rights reserved

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Nacure na kaya nila yan sa facelifted 2005 model? It's quite a shame since it's the so-called Japanese Car of the Year when it was launched.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    pero yung na-recall mga products ng Honda Phils lang. does anyone know if the defect is also exists in their Japan units?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Good Day sa inyong Lahat mga tsikoters, Just wanted to have your kind information regarding Honda civic vti 2003 , ka bibili ko lang ito ,2nd hand ,less than a month pa po, how could i know that my unit is affected on this Recall, Kindly inform me re this matter cause iam very worried about this issues,

And also what is the Difference Bet. 2003 honda civic vti and vtis.

Thank you so much for all your information , for sure it coul help me a lot

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Sir ang alam ko vti is manual siya. vtis is the top of the line with automatic trans.

Interested din ako sir dito. Balak ko kasi bumili ng 2001 civic din. pwede pa ba avail yung replacement kapag 2nd owner ka na at hindi pa napalitan yung sa strap ng fuel tank mo nung recall.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    mine is a 2003 vti-s a/t.

i suggest you just bring it to the casa. it should be free of charge.

medyo OT:

i was told by my sister (who used to work for a call center for one of the auto manufacturers here) that casas will perform what's called a "silent recall" on these matters... that is, they will fix the recall for you without you knowing when you bring it to the casa for service.

so if your car of choice went in for service sa casa anytime within the recall period's announcement, chances are good that the recall was carried out na.

you can also have the service advisor verify it for you, if the car was brought and maintained regulalrly in a casa (they have records, but not cross linked to other branches. best to know which casa the car went to and take it from there).

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ang sa akin na man ay vti a/t - sa seat belt ay 2003 date of manufacturing but yong papers nya ay 2004 kasi it was purchased late of December 2003 and registered january 2004, anong Model ito?

it is a Company car , purchased sa Manila at dito na sa Cebu dinala, it is maintained by Honda Cebu all the service record pinadala sa akin, but wala akong nakita na repair na nila on what ever they had recalled like the metal belt of the fuel tank.

one More Question Pls. whats the different bet, the 2003 Model, 2004 model at sa 2005 model,

Thank You so much for all your in puts, it helps a lot.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    2003 different bumpers and tail lights from 2004
    2004 - 2006... same. iba na design ng bumpers at mas singkit yung headlights.

engines and internals all the same across all model years and types, with the exception of the civic vtec with the k20 engine (came out 05 to 06)

Honda Philippines - Civic 2001-2004 Recall