New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Sorry if this topic has been posted here before, but I'm considering to buy a secondhand Civic and I've been hearing that Honda parts are more expensive than most brands (vs. Toyota, Mitsubishi), so I want to know — by how much? 20%? 50%?

Also, since I'm looking around, I hear that, on general, Lancers have weak suspension, Mazda Familias are prone to rear fender rust, and because I'm considering a Civic, can anyone enlighten me on its weaknesses? My budget is around 150-170k, so I'm looking at year '94 models and below.

Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Dude on a brand new scale, its about 20 % to 30 % expensive compared to a toyota or a mitsu. Kung surplus naman halos ganun din. Which was one omy reason why i had to sell my honda before.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Civics of that age also have fender and roof rust problems.

But on any car that old, you have to check for body repairs and rust, anyway. Any botched body repair may result in rust problems down the line.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lancer suspensions are pretty easy to fix. And if you're buying used, the former owner would've addressed this already.

Honda replacement parts are usually at par with replacement parts for other brands. OEM parts might be more expensive, though.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    actually if you have access to the parts pricelist of importers and distributors, you will see that honda parts are evenly priced as toyota, mitsu or nissan spare parts. from suspension to engine parts same lang. even body parts such as bumpers and fenders same lang rin.

i know coz i have lots of price list right here
    Last edited by BlueBimmer; January 6th, 2007 at 12:35 PM.

Honda Parts - How Expensive Are They?