New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Hi guys! It's my first time to own a Honda, and i wanna know OEM parts as well as GOOD replacement parts.
    1. For suspension system, like tie rod end, ball joints, bushings, etc.
    2. For engine/tranny, like timing belts, spark plugs, clutch system, etc.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I would not advise on replacement parts, unless they are of performance grade which are usually durable than the OEM parts.

I gambled on replacement parts for my civic's front suspension before (federal mogul and 555)... Ayun, after one month, kalampag ulit at mas matindi pa dun sa dati.

So far, there are only two replacement parts I can recommend... Bendix brake pads and yung replacement air filter (forgot the brand). Let's wait for replies from other people if they have good experience on other replacement parts.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I use Three Five (555) for ball joints. Just make sure they are original as the market is flooded with counterfeit Three Five products. For the tie rods, and some bushings (the smaller ones), I just use Cruven and M7.

Gates makes timing belt replacement kits. They're not bad. You'd have enough money left to get a GMB water pump and other bearings/gaskets that may need to be replaced. For spark plugs, just use the same brand and type Honda uses. No need to get from Honda. Yung box lang ang naiiba. Clutches are seldom replaced, I'd spring for an OEM set though I won't be buying from the casa.

Remember that not all replacement parts are created equal so it's always good to shop around. Even replacement parts have brand names.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Mga sir, thanks for the inputs. I appreciate it very much. BTW, sir OTEP, how can i detect a genuine part from a counterfeit one.Thanks again.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Buy from a reputable store. Check if the price is competitive (not rock bottom).

Original 555 have a hologram sticker on the box and on the plastic bag of the product itself (inside the box). The packaging of counterfeit products also have a different feel to it. Just like the print quality on pirated CD's and stuff.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Bro ang OEM ba ay original parts kasi last week nasa banawe ako at naghahanap ako ng trailing arm bushing, meron akong napagtanungan 1300pesos at naka lagay OEM for honda civic, and then nagpunta ako sa kaharap na tindahan (HRC), meron honda na logo ang bar code original parts daw ng honda 1200pesos lang, sabi nila yung parts na merong nakalagay na OEM ay replacement lang ito, tama ba?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer

OEM means original parts. Exactly the same as the ones you get from the dealership.

Of course you must also know what OEM parts actually look like (esp. packaging) because some replacement parts also put the word 'OEM' on their packaging followed by the word 'for'. Alam mo naman, madami din manloloko. You must know exactly what genuine OEM packaging looks like kasi ginagaya na din yung color scheme and other characteristics. Iniiba na lang ng konti para makaiwas sa demanda. I'd rather have a good quality replacement than a part that is pretending to be OEM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    malamang replacement lang yon kasi "OEM for honda" lang ang nakalagay walang part number or any mark na magpapatunay na original ito.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung bibili ka ng replacement, bilhin mo yung may sariling brand (Gates, Seiken, ViC, etc.). Hindi yung nagpapanggap na original. hehehe.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Buy from a reputable store. Check if the price is competitive (not rock bottom).

Original 555 have a hologram sticker on the box and on the plastic bag of the product itself (inside the box). The packaging of counterfeit products also have a different feel to it. Just like the print quality on pirated CD's and stuff.
    ok. thanks a lot!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Honda OEM and replacement parts...