New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 92 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Malapit na mag expire warranty, buti nakita iyong sa drum brake cylinder leak. Ni offer i repair kanina under warranty, kaso wala silang stock ng part. I order pa daw. Babalikan ako after dumating ang part. Ayos din ang service PMS, ni check talaga.

On one hand naman ~21K Kms pa lang tinakbo, may leak agad sa brake cylinder. Hindi naman ako malakas gumamit ng brake. Makapal pa brake lining... hhmmm...
    "you're lucky", at under warranty pah!
    and as long as they're already there... i'd have the brake fluid changed if i were me....

2. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Attachment 37184

Kakatapos lang kanina ng 2.5 yr PMS sa Honda Q. Ave.
    3255 pesos total bill. Kung ganoon lagi ang casa PMS cost, okay ituloy sa casa kahit after warranty period. Iyong lang ~3 hrs wait time, iyan ay kung nauna sa 6am++ sa umaga.

Malapit na mag expire warranty, buti nakita iyong sa drum brake cylinder leak. Ni offer i repair kanina under warranty, kaso wala silang stock ng part. I order pa daw. Babalikan ako after dumating ang part. Ayos din ang service PMS, ni check talaga.

On one hand naman ~21K Kms pa lang tinakbo, may leak agad sa brake cylinder. Hindi naman ako malakas gumamit ng brake. Makapal pa brake lining... hhmmm...
    Ako nagpa 3.5 yrs PMS nung June sa Honda GH. Buti wala pa naman nakitang problema sa brakes. Kita ko yung ginagawa nila sa buong duration ng PMS kasi nasa tapat ng bintana sa lounge. Makapal pa rin daw ang pads. Nasa 25k na tinakbo ng Mobi namin. Good thing pa rin kasi covered pa ng warranty yang issue mo sir.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    What might be the cause of drum brake cylinder leak? It seems to be unlikely for it to leak within just a span of 3yrs. Never did I encounter drum brake leak in my other ride more than 10yrs.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^Corrosion. Brake fluid being hygroscopic pools the heavier water on the lowest part of the brake line which is the brake pistons/cylinders. This is why flushing by bleeding the four wheels every 40k or 2yrs is more important than superficial cleaning by using brake cleaner.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    ^Corrosion. Brake fluid being hygroscopic pools the heavier water on the lowest part of the brake line which is the brake pistons/cylinders. This is why flushing by bleeding the four wheels every 40k or 2yrs is more important than superficial cleaning by using brake cleaner.
    Oh okay I do change my brake fluid every 2yrs. What is the correct way to replaced the fluid? because one do the flushing and bleeding by stepping on the brake pedal repeatedly and I have seen another one they just suck in the brake fluid reservoir and replaced it with new one no flushing or bleeding.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^Sucking is not the proper way, its only applicable for the power-steering fluid since it has no bleeder valve. Loosen the bleeder nipple of the brake cylinder, press on the brake pedal let it bleed to remove the old/contaminated fluid.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Possible din siguro na "na-suwerte" sa factory defect. Madalas nga matagal, at least 5 years, bago maka-experience ng leaking brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "you're lucky", at under warranty pah!
    and as long as they're already there... i'd have the brake fluid changed if i were me....
    Oo nga, magandang suggestion isabay na ang brake flush. As per Honda schedule, 3 years or 60K Kms. Sa ibang cars namin madalas 20K Kms brake flush interval kahit na more than 2 years. Since 21K Kms na din, okay na isabay ang brake flush. Para hindi na gawin sa 3-yr PMS.

(20K Kms madalas bilang namin sa brake flush interval, mas tama ba iyong every 2 years?)

8. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    ^Sucking is not the proper way, its only applicable for the power-steering fluid since it has no bleeder valve. Loosen the bleeder nipple of the brake cylinder, press on the brake pedal let it bleed to remove the old/contaminated fluid.
    Okay got this. We use to this before and about 1 and a half liter of brake fluid is consumed for the whole process Im just afraid that air might get in while doing the flushing and bleeding process.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Okay got this. We use to this before and about 1 and a half liter of brake fluid is consumed for the whole process Im just afraid that air might get in while doing the flushing and bleeding process.

Kita ko sa casa, after magrefill, ibi-bleed ulit nila para daw lumabas yung hangin kung may nakapasok.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post

that is why, the associate bleeder mekaniko is standing beside the master brake cylinder, keeping an eagle eye on it and constantly adding fluid and making sure that no air gets in.