New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1000
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    Gender doesnt really matter in driving, though learning how to drive very early on helps. There is nothing like learning how to parallel park in UST or DLSU lol.
    there is this old cuento,
    one of the statues in ust campus is pointing, "dun kayo pumarada! sa feu!"

someone once made friendly bati my wigo,
    "dr. d, you can afford a bigger car..."
    "dr. c, it's not the car. it's the parking space."
    there is this space in the workplace parking, that only smaller cars can fit in.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 21st, 2022 at 11:51 AM.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    Gender doesnt really matter in driving, though learning how to drive very early on helps. There is nothing like learning how to parallel park in UST or DLSU lol.
    I mean, if someone tries to repeat and push a negative onto another, doesn't psychology (sometimes) discover and/or explain it as Projection where the person is actually doing it because it is the mental process by which people/person attributes to others what is in their own minds a negative of themselves/insecurities. Someone who "Projects" is someone who can't be objective (or has difficulty) when they characterize/assess another, right?

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    there is this old cuento,
    one of the statues in ust campus is pointing, "dun kayo pumarada! sa feu!"
    Hadn't heard this when I was in UST. The version I heard in class back then (if I am recalling correctly)

Statue was pointing to FEU to say to those have difficulty continuing/entering UST, "Dun kayo sumubok sa FEU." I know it is a joke and can be taken both negatively or positively, depending on who is hearing it.

Positive being a version of "don't lose hope my child. UST is not the only university where you can pursue your course/profession."

Negative being taken as an institution as possibly "looking down" on another. I always saw it as the positive side of the coin when I heard it, but I never repeated it to anyone because of how it could be taken negatively.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Hadn't heard this when I was in UST. The version I heard in class back then (if I am recalling correctly)

Statue was pointing to FEU to say to those have difficulty continuing/entering UST, "Dun kayo sumubok sa FEU." I know it is a joke and can be taken both negatively or positively, depending on who is hearing it.

Positive being a version of "don't lose hope my child. UST is not the only university where you can pursue your course/profession."

Negative being taken as an institution as possibly "looking down" on another. I always saw it as the positive side of the coin when I heard it, but I never repeated it to anyone because of how it could be taken negatively.
    it's a joke, sir.
    anyone with a sense of humor, taga ust or otherwise, will appreciate it as such.

what i do not understand, is how come it took half of forever for ust admin to finally decide to have that steel-frame parking lot...

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    it's a joke, sir.
    anyone with a sense of humor, taga ust or otherwise, will appreciate it as such.

what i do not understand, is how come it took half of forever for ust admin to finally decide to have that steel-frame parking lot...
    Yep. I understand. As with jokes, it's "to each his own" and "you can't please everybody type of thing". I heard about the joke during my 1st year when after a harsh critiquing by the professor she stated something to the effect of "if hindi niyo kaya magshift na lang kayo". I recall it being being around that period of time when I heard of the joke from one of our classmates to "lift our spirits" as it were.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    what's more important to me, are ease of maintenance and reliability.
    tamad nakong magpagawa at magkutingting nang car; we did a lot of that when we were young and poor-ish.

when it comes to rear seat comfort, for the money, sedan probably offers the best.
    Vios siguro roomy naman kung 2 lang madalas. Easier and cheaper sa maintenance. Options galore sa wear and tear, at collision parts. NVH at comfort sa upper trims mukhang hindi lalayo sa Altis as per Jut's review. Plus na lang iyong support sa local economy.

Altis more comfort at space, considered na better reward sa sarili.

Teka paano umabot dito... nag umpisa sa Mobilio PMS, na umikot sa car shopping, kaya napasok ang car choices, at umabot sa driving skills at parking, hehe....

Medyo BTT, hirap magbenta ng Mobilio, unang unang unpopular model, tapos MT pa.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    "if hindi niyo kaya magshift na lang kayo"..
    well, i did shift!
    my first choice college course, was the reputed-to-be the-highest-grade-giving pre-med course, that naturally was always filled up fast.
    but after only one session... it was so boring, i recall i fell asleep.
    immediately after, i ran to the college secretary's office, "sir! shift me out of that course! please!"
    "ay d, puno na lahat. xxxx course, gusto mo?"
    xxxx course was a very un-popular course, especially for medical-school-wannabees. but...,
    "i'll take it, sir!"
    turned out, i actually liked this... terror course.

OT.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    attorney masteral ryry,

pwede ba ipanukala sa congress reimbursement sa tuition mo hahaha!!!

the topic is spatial awareness not kaskasero.

sabi nila the "angels" is in the details??? Sayang tuition talaga
    Spacial awareness nirelate mo sa driving, ikaw kaya nang-umpisa niyan. Haler jempoy kags.

BTT: na-OT tuloy but Honda Mobilio is not that big for a woman. A lot of women drive SUV's.
    Last edited by Ry_Tower; August 21st, 2022 at 07:08 PM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    LOL what's all this nonsense? there are tasks that women do better, and there are tasks that men do better. there's no such thing as equality. men and women are DIFFERENT period. majority pala ng tsikoteers are WOKE hahahah

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    kagalingan says he can do things, best!
    all else are beneath him, as we are all, dull creatures.