New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by maki mi View Post
    This 10k PMS by Honda only started with the FB model didn't it?
    nope. our fd & gd respectively were casa bound every 10k when they were still under warranty

w/ our monty, the pms sched is every 5k and i'm beginning to puke at the site of every mitsu casa i come across. i'm seriously considering doing the pms outside of designated "stealerships" but then the warranty card they wave at you is enough for me to reconsider going the outsider route

btw, with the tropical heat we have, the sticky dust we endure, and the insane stop and go traffic we suffer daily, i think it's fair enough to consider our driving environment as extreme (if your talking about manila). but that's just me though

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Change oil for normal mineral should be about 5k, and for me not more than 8months since we are in the extreme usage conditions. Its the semi and Fully that they say goes up to 10k. What you do for synthetic every 5k is not drain and fill, its just replace the oil filter and top-up. If the casa insists that you replace fully synthetic every 5k, then look to another casa or complain. I'm sure the modern cars will specify that in the manual anyway so the stealerships cant force you.

But its your vehicle, you do what you think is right. If at whatever interval you change your oil its still in decent condition then no worries. If you are draining black or burnt smelling oil all the time then maybe think of a shorter interval. Many people dont follow the service intervals when its out of warranty and dont really have any issues. In the end if you do experience a major breakdown due to improper maintenance its your time and money that will be spent and no one else's.

Every car comes with manual with the recommended service intervals and recommended check list, but dont just limit it to that list. If you hear, feel or smell anything weird about your vehicle then have it checked by at least 2 shops and maybe even one decent casa to get a holistic diagnosis.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Every 10km or 6 months "whichever comes first" ang PMS ng Honda, this is up to 60,000km or 3 years. So far sa casa kung saan ko rin binili kotse ko, maayos kausap at hindi garapal na kumita lang yung mga tao dun. Since low mileage yung kotse ko, after nila ma-check before quotation at nakita naman nila na hindi pa kailangan palitan yung particular part/s kahit na sa usual PMS papalitan na dapat, talagang hindi pa papalitan. They're are transparent pa, ipapakita s'yo yung usual na 20,000km PMS halimbawa na itong mga parts ang papalitan, "pero as we check sir hindi pa kailangan dahil malinis pa sir" (eg. ac filter, etc). As compared sa ibang casa ng ibang car manufacturers within our place dahil nag-canvass din ako sa iba nun when I was still buying a car, pinakahuli ko pinuntahan ang Honda kasi natanim sa isip ko na mahal ang Honda, hahahah... Honda ang pinaka 5-star service center within our area, kaya Honda car binili ko.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    ^ Care to mention which casa is that bro?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Honda low maintenance cost?