New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    just to share, hondashaw is the worst for me because of the service provided by one of its service advisors, Allan Mendoza.

last year, i brought in our cr-v and specifically told the service advisor that cleaning the evaporator fixes the aircon's problem. i told him that i decided to bring the car to the casa so that i could get the original cabin filter from them.

instead, the s.a. replaced the fan motor and some other parts but did not have the evaporator cleaned! it cost a few days of downtime for some repairs which now i think are not really urgent.

time to pay, i caught a double-entry on the invoice for one of the parts, costing around 500 pesos. they billed me for 2 pieces of the same item, one labeled for the 2002 model and one for the 2005. it took them so long to correct the wrong entry, it cost me a 3-hour lunch break from my work to pay the correct amount and get the car out of the casa. good thing i had an understanding boss then.

i liked the courtesy and friendliness of hondashaw's employees. sadly, all this was put to waste by the irresponsible actions of the service advisor. i hope that others do not experience the same, and i wish good luck to the other s.a.'s and mechanics who do their duties well.

peace to all.
    Last edited by onewaytrip; January 25th, 2009 at 03:53 AM. Reason: more info

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Bought my car at HondaKal. Also had my 1st month and 6th month PMS there. Brought in the car at 6am and took it home at around 1-2PM.

My 1 year PMS is coming up next week and I plan to go back there. Either that or I try out Honda Q. Ave. this time.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I just brought my SiR to Honda Q. Ave for the first time. From what I can see and observed including the posts included in this thread, I don't think these people in casa really know what they're doing.

I had them check for any leaks, the whirring sound that seems to be coming from the power steering pump, the sound produced when turning the wheel left or right and the radiator since my water reserve seems to ran empty pretty quick after a week even though they said at first that it was normal.

After the inspection, then they said that may leak yung radiator ko on the top and bottom. Now the thing that I was wondering about was they recommended me to replace my stabilizer link and tie rod (might be the cause of the sound coming from the wheel when turned) when i just had these replaced from cruven.

This made me think that these people might not be after helping out customers but making money out of them. Imagine with all the problems they recommended me, the total cost would be 61k!!! What I did was I just had them repair my oil leaks. The list below are what I asked them to fix. Do you think it was a good idea to to let them repair the leaks or are there casa like shops that can actually diagnose these leaks and repair it as well?

1.) Power steering suction hose
    2.) Return hose
    3.) Oil pan gasket
    4.) Oil pump O ring
    5.) Front crankshaft oil seal
    6.) Vane pump (repair kit)
    7.) Breather chamber O ring

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Bought my car at HondaKal. Also had my 1st month and 6th month PMS there. Brought in the car at 6am and took it home at around 1-2PM.

My 1 year PMS is coming up next week and I plan to go back there. Either that or I try out Honda Q. Ave. this time.
    I guess it is really like that in all dealerships that it takes a very long time for them to finish the PMS. But by far, Hondakal is just the worst for me. I even experienced that I arrived there at 730, if I could remember it clearly and they are about to close and I still haven't gotten my car considering that it was just PMS. I really had lots of bad experiences with that dealership and I have no plans in going back there again though they have the best lounge as compared to other car dealerships that I have been.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Yabu View Post
    I just brought my SiR to Honda Q. Ave for the first time. From what I can see and observed including the posts included in this thread, I don't think these people in casa really know what they're doing.

I had them check for any leaks, the whirring sound that seems to be coming from the power steering pump, the sound produced when turning the wheel left or right and the radiator since my water reserve seems to ran empty pretty quick after a week even though they said at first that it was normal.

After the inspection, then they said that may leak yung radiator ko on the top and bottom. Now the thing that I was wondering about was they recommended me to replace my stabilizer link and tie rod (might be the cause of the sound coming from the wheel when turned) when i just had these replaced from cruven.

This made me think that these people might not be after helping out customers but making money out of them. Imagine with all the problems they recommended me, the total cost would be 61k!!! What I did was I just had them repair my oil leaks. The list below are what I asked them to fix. Do you think it was a good idea to to let them repair the leaks or are there casa like shops that can actually diagnose these leaks and repair it as well?

1.) Power steering suction hose
    2.) Return hose
    3.) Oil pan gasket
    4.) Oil pump O ring
    5.) Front crankshaft oil seal
    6.) Vane pump (repair kit)
    7.) Breather chamber O ring
    What I really don't like with car dealers is that you don't know what is happening after you gave your car to them for service. Added to that is the trial and error which put a lot of burden and inconvenience to us since we are the ones paying for those parts which in turn is not the causing the problem.

For that whirring sound, I too have experienced that and last weekend, I noticed that the fluid in the power steering fluid reservoir got lower and I saw that it was really wet all over. I brought it to Honda Fairview yesterday, and they replaced the power steering kit, suction hose and some O rings. It cost less than 4500 and so far I haven't heard that whirring sound since. I will observe it for a week and hopefully there will be no leaks or no problems at all. But he added that I should watch out for those two hoses near the PS fluid reservoir, I forgot the name since they are so expensive.

With regards to stabilizer link, my friend in the Honda Fairview told me, since I had that replaced as well some 4 months back, that you should replace that when you start hearing a clunking and metal to metal sound every time you pass through an uneven road or humps though your shock absorbers are still good.

As to your last question, try a different dealer first just to get more suggestions or possibly get a cheaper quote. Try Honda Fairview. I know a dealer like shop and its name is Richmond and it is located along Congressional Avenue. They operate like those car dealers and they are a big shop and not like those hole in the wall shops. However, if you insist to use original Honda parts, I advise you to just go directly to Honda since they put mark up in the prices of parts considering that they will buy it in Honda too. That is why I haven't been there to have my Honda serviced because of that reason.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hon-g View Post
    I own a civic 2005. I came to Honda Kalookan because according to my regular casa at Quezon Ave, it would take 2 weeks to fix a prob with the steering, pinpointing the prob to the gearbox (they say it needed to be remanufactured at the plant). I sought 2nd opinion from Honda Kalookan and I was told they would just have to replace the hose (which by the way, cost almost 10K!) and it would take about 2 days. So I had that repaired and paid almost 19k for parts and services. When I went home, I noticed that the hood was slightly raised so went back to the casa to have it fixed. After 2 weeks, I encountered a prob with my steering - it made this noise when I turned. Turns out there was a leak! They just put some steering fluid, but the day after, same prob. I went back to Kalookan for a back job (2 days again - I was told, they just needed to align the hose with whatever it was connected to). After 2 weeks, same story, ie, same problem and they aligned the hose etc. In addition, I came home and found a shoe missing (I had a pair). I called their attention and asked about my shoe, talking to 3 people, none of whom returned my call. After another - you guessed it - 2 weeks, the same problem. It was my 3rd backjob!!! They made me pay a lot and they couldn't fix the problem. I go to casa because of the (mistaken) assumption that they know their cars and how to fix any problem of their cars.
    They're not doing anything different and they seem incompetent.
    Yes I sincerely believe on it, minsan tamad ang mga service advisor mag explain. Suggested talaga ang second opinion.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    What I really don't like with car dealers is that you don't know what is happening after you gave your car to them for service. Added to that is the trial and error which put a lot of burden and inconvenience to us since we are the ones paying for those parts which in turn is not the causing the problem.

For that whirring sound, I too have experienced that and last weekend, I noticed that the fluid in the power steering fluid reservoir got lower and I saw that it was really wet all over. I brought it to Honda Fairview yesterday, and they replaced the power steering kit, suction hose and some O rings. It cost less than 4500 and so far I haven't heard that whirring sound since. I will observe it for a week and hopefully there will be no leaks or no problems at all. But he added that I should watch out for those two hoses near the PS fluid reservoir, I forgot the name since they are so expensive.

With regards to stabilizer link, my friend in the Honda Fairview told me, since I had that replaced as well some 4 months back, that you should replace that when you start hearing a clunking and metal to metal sound every time you pass through an uneven road or humps though your shock absorbers are still good.

As to your last question, try a different dealer first just to get more suggestions or possibly get a cheaper quote. Try Honda Fairview. I know a dealer like shop and its name is Richmond and it is located along Congressional Avenue. They operate like those car dealers and they are a big shop and not like those hole in the wall shops. However, if you insist to use original Honda parts, I advise you to just go directly to Honda since they put mark up in the prices of parts considering that they will buy it in Honda too. That is why I haven't been there to have my Honda serviced because of that reason.
    So do you always go to Richmond to have your car serviced? are they good? i mean when it comes to repairs and being trustworthy?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    May ginagawa malapit samin na Honda Service Parts and accessories at walang showroom. Along mindanao ave lang going quirino ave.

hmm eto ba ung richmond sa may congressional? Naalala ko mag papa quote sana ako kasi may kalampag na ung pang ilalim ng lancer ko... Usually pag mag papaquote ka eh libre naman para malaman mo kung magkano gagastusin mo. Nung nag punta ko sa richmond sabi ko paki tignan para ma check ung mga dapat palitan parts.. gulat ako bigla ako sinisigil na kagad ng cashier para sa check up fee... Di na lang ako nag pa check since dami naman shops na iba along congressional and mindanao ave.. Sana ok dito at hindi matagal magpa service

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    im crossing my fingers now kasi i just bought a 2009 city sana hindi naman kami mamroblema... i got to hold on the tought na pag casa sure ka pero sa mga comments at posts dito parang nag doubt ako bigla... i have been with UMC-JAS(now Hyundai-JAS na ang nakapwesto dun) and ok naman service namin dati pero now nag Honda ako medyo nangangapa ako sa sa casa service...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Yabu View Post
    So do you always go to Richmond to have your car serviced? are they good? i mean when it comes to repairs and being trustworthy?
    When I want major repairs and I don't want to go to the dealer, I go to them. I haven't been there for quite sometime since my cars haven't had any major problems yet.

I have been with them or they have been my shop for 3 or 4 years already and I wouldn't hesitate to go back to them anytime if our vehicles have problems. For service, since I have been there customer for a long time already, every time I go there, they really prioritize me. They are a big car shop so sometimes I feel that it's better to just bring my car there than to the dealer since I could see and ask directly to the mechanic or I could visit my car anytime I want. Trustworthy, 1 to 10 and 10 being the highest, I would give them 9. The only thing that I don't like is if you want to use original parts, they will buy it directly at the dealer and put a mark up and charge it to you. But as I have said, they operate like those car dealerships so all you need to do is leave your car there and they will do everything for you.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Honda Kalookan - worst casa service!!!!