New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    You can swap out just the springs. If you do so, the mechanic will have to cut a part of your shocks/dampers' bump stops to allow for the drop in ride height. That's it.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    *type 100: Sir nabasa ko reviews kapag ngpalit ng lowering springs like tanabe or tein ngkakaroon ng body roll. Actually natandaan ko ung isang jazz na tiningnan ko n nka-tein spring mejo maalog nga sideways.. talaga bang ganito mangyari kung gagamit ng lowering springs? Sir kayo po ba nakalowering springs?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Nope, I didn't bother with lowering springs. I think they're too much of a compromise, especially in the village I live in where tall humps are the norm and my stock-ride-height Jazz already scrapes on some of them.

Took the car to race tracks a few times already, no problems with the handling on an all-stock suspension.

Ewan ko lang tungkol sa body roll. Lowering springs usually have higher spring rate vs. stock, although for some reason Tanabe's NF springs supposedly ride better. Then again there may be some truth to the body roll as I've heard complaints on the NF springs as installed into a present-generation GE Jazz.

Ride comfort is subjective I guess. I have no problem with the Jazz's firm ride, although my dad's Lancer EX GT rides a whole lot better even on 18" wheels.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    thank you for the advise. I guess I will just keep my stock suspension if that is the case. I will just have it checked in Honda SPA. God bless.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    recently bought 06 jazz 1.5 na naka lowered un front then stock height and springs sa likod. nasakin din un lowering springs for the rear.

tanong ko lang po kung mas advisable na ipakabit ko rin un lowering sa likod? and kung may difference sa handling, performance, ride comfort if i do so.

TIA..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    It all boils down on your preference. If you often carry 3 people around then I wouldn't advise you in placing your lowering springs for the rear, since it will be most likely rubbing.

However, if most of the time you're just alone or carry a passenger or two then I guess it would be fine placing lowering springs at the back.

Looks vs. Practicality

;)

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    in my case pala pwede naman since most of the time 2 lang kami sakay ng oto. naicip ko rin kasi baka mas advisable na parehas lowered harap at likod para same sila ng spring rate and mas maganda sa handling and performance.

thank you sa reply renzo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Honda Jazz Suspension