New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 70 of 82 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    tsikoteers!
    questions of a newbie:

1. when ba lalabas yung all-new jazz (if meron)?
    2. sulit ba bumili ng current jazz or intayin ko nlng yung next model neto?
    3. if bibili ako ngayon, ano kaya pipiliin ko? i-DSI or VTEC, 1.3 or 1.5? city driving po at once a month na hataw goin sa probinsya. :D
    4. and lastly, ive read na mas efficient daw ang CVT, how true is that? gusto ko sana manual pero practicality wise, if mas efficient talaga CVT, eh baka dun na ako.

thanks po. sana eh, sagutin nyo mga tanong ng isang newbie.

5. pahabol, ano po kulay mssuggest nyo? ty po ulit.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Hi jzbz, welcome to the tsikot forums

Below are my replies in red:

1. when ba lalabas yung all-new jazz (if meron)?--I've read that the basic configuration of the jazz will stay on for a couple of more years. There will however be minor changes like lights/paint/interior schemes.
    2. sulit ba bumili ng current jazz or intayin ko nlng yung next model neto?--you're safe buying now since it's mid year. I recommend that you don't buy during the latter part of the year for the following reasons: Your registration will show 2007 but you actually acquired the car in 2008. New variants or face-lifted models usually come out in the first part of the year.
    3. if bibili ako ngayon, ano kaya pipiliin ko? i-DSI or VTEC, 1.3 or 1.5? city driving po at once a month na hataw goin sa probinsya. :D-- the i-DSI are 1.3 liters while the VTEC is 1.5 liters. Technology-wise the VTEC gives you more bang-for-the-buck. Honda spent tons of money on R&D for the VTEC engine. Of course in the real-world, the VTEC engine does have its advantages on performance and fuel efficiency.
    4. and lastly, ive read na mas efficient daw ang CVT, how true is that? gusto ko sana manual pero practicality wise, if mas efficient talaga CVT, eh baka dun na ako. --I don't know about efficiency because, the M/T allows more driver inputs giving you the ability to drive more efficiently. The CVT however is more efficient than the traditional A/T transmissions because of the 'infinite' gear ratios in the powerband. One thing also about the CVT, you don't feel clunky A/T shifts, just smooth upshifts and downshifts.

thanks po. sana eh, sagutin nyo mga tanong ng isang newbie.

5. pahabol, ano po kulay mssuggest nyo? ty po ulit--you ought to decide on this one but for me, I love the white or the blue Jazz

HTH
    Last edited by Radical!; May 12th, 2007 at 06:08 PM. Reason: wrong spelling...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    off the topic...but the info did helped me a lot to consider getting a jazz, but my question is, does honda have a trade-in service? I own a 2004 1.5 Honda City and would like to trade it in over for a jazz 1.3. Any info about this? and is it worth it?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    some Honda dealers have connections with trade in services but cigurado babaratin ka sa price nyan. try to sell it yourself na lang and you will probably get a better price for your honda City.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Based from my experience, I suggest you get the 1.3L iDSI CVT variant.

I own one and it gives me 12Km/L city and 16Km/L highway petrol consumption rate for my driving style. iDSI is 'lean burn' as it has 2 sparks per cylinder. Coupled with CVT, you get the best consumption rate for your car....

(Others may probably argue that getting the VTEC is a better alternative because of the higher power to weight ratio,- but I guess the real advantage for this is during highway driving....IMO)...

2701:bye:

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jeh_beh View Post
    off the topic...but the info did helped me a lot to consider getting a jazz, but my question is, does honda have a trade-in service? I own a 2004 1.5 Honda City and would like to trade it in over for a jazz 1.3. Any info about this? and is it worth it?
    May trade-in sa Honda Kalookan.

After nilang presyuhan car mo, compare mo sa buy & sell to have an idea kung binarat ka ba masyado. For sure mas mababa offer nila, pero kung kaya naman na nitong i-cover yung hassle on your part na magbenta, at yung time na hihintayin mo, ok na.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    IF EVER you get a Jazz..

DONT GET IT IN BLACK.. hahaha Black Honda Paint Sucks Big Time.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Arg.. Nag double post..

In addition, try test driving doth the Idsi and Vtec varriant. Thats what i did, and ended up with
    a VTEC jazz as my daily drive.
    Last edited by bougartt; May 14th, 2007 at 09:27 PM. Reason: DOUBLE POST

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The City is actually a bit more practical than the Jazz in cargo carrying. While the Jazz is more flexible, the City can carry a ton more stuff with all the seats up.

It's up to you, though. If you want the better looks of the current Jazz, go right ahead.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I'm in the same boat as you my friend.

I too am planning to buy a Fit/Jazz next year but am also faced with the dilemma on whether I should choose the current model or if I should go for the new one.

Well it all depends naman. For me though, engine lineup/roster and the placement (or omission) of the 7-speed CVT transmission is what will be the factors that determine if I'll go for the current or the newer model.

If you need an answer between the manual or auto, it's really up to you.
    This time, both trannies are pretty matched. However, the advantage is in the auto gearboxes. The Fit/Jazz is best suited with the 7-speed CVT (or 5-speed Gear Logic AT for US peeps) as you get the best of both worlds (as mentioned by EQAddict) by giving you A/T feel with manual over ride controls for upshifting and/or downshifting as you desire.

Hope that helps too

Honda Jazz [Merged]