1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    simple lng nmn yan eh.

economical = 1.3
    power = 1.5

:D

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    if you're gonna drive above 110kph i suggest the 1.5. the 1.3 is rather weak at high speeds

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    mukhang di naman factor sayo ang price.

i say go for the 1.5

konti lang difference sa consumption.and you get extra horses that you can use when you feel like it.plus higher trims come with more amenities

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Tama! Kung hindi factor ang price 1.5 na nga.

Pero kung factor siya, eto ang tulong ko. Mostly city or provincial ba? Kung mostly city, why not try the 1.3, mas fuel efficient pa siya. I think, and please explain if I'm wrong, mas maganda pa nga ang 1.3DSI sa arangkada because max torque is archived at a lower rpm than compared to 1.5VTEC. If long stretches, syempre iwan ang 1.3 vs 1.5. Pero, kailan ka naman nakakita ng long stretches dito sa city? Hahanapin mo lang ang additional horsepower kung lalabas ka ng city, pero bihira naman yung kung mostly city driving ka nga.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bougartt
    Were thinking of getting another jazz. 1.5 this time. But is it wise for me to sell my 1.6e 2004 altis for a jazz? Im getting 12-13 km/l on the 1.3 compared to a 8-9 on the altis. Help . .

so you already have a jazz 1.3 and you want to have another jazz 1.5L.
    hhhmm, kung ako kasi i'd retain the altis. Masarap kasi mag drive ng pa iba ibang kotse e. Minsan gusto mo mabilis, minsan gusto mo economical naman. Depende sa mood.

And also, di ba nakaksawa pag you have 2 same cars? Engine displacement is different nga kaso it is still the same car overall.

Getting 12-13KM/l sa jazz1.3 and 8-9 km/l sa altis1.6 e baka 9-11 km/l lang makuha mo sa jazz1.5L. If you travel a lot then it would be wise to buy jazz1.5 since economical sya at the same time mas malakas din umarangkada
    compared sa 1.3L. PERO pag city driving lang, i'd stick sa altis.

IMO

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselNUBI
    kung ako kasi i'd retain the altis. Masarap kasi mag drive ng pa iba ibang kotse e. Minsan gusto mo mabilis, minsan gusto mo economical naman.
    And also, di ba nakaksawa pag you have 2 same cars? Engine displacement is different nga kaso it is still the same car overall.
    If you travel a lot then it would be wise to buy jazz1.5 since economical sya at the same time mas malakas din umarangkada
    compared sa 1.3L. PERO pag city driving lang, i'd stick sa altis.
    IMO
    Thanks for the input. I use the Altis to travel to calamba lang twice a month and thats it.. I'm thinking of selling the altis because i'm getting relatively the same km/l with our Gen2 Crv

As for driving the same car, im okay with that. We're actually thinking of getting it in the same color (Silverstone..)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm with DieselNubi...

Why not sell the 1.3 Jazz, get the 1.5 and keep the Altis? If you have 2 Jazzes, you have 2 cars that have little to no trunk space hehe.

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    It's clear to me that 1.5CVT is a wise choice!!!

I went to Bangkok a few weeks back and noticed most of the jazz there are dressed-up with a sporty smoked headlight that gives an extra pogi points macho good look to the car. Is this also an option to any honda dealers here?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depends on where you'd use your car most of the time.

the 1.3L is more than adequate for running around the city since the CVT does a really good job in maximizing the said engine.

only when fully loaded and going up inclines would you notice the slight power deficiency.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    My consumption on my 1.3L baby is consistent with happy_gilmore's numbers. And yes, I can feel the need for more power when travelling at 100KPH+.

Honda Jazz [Merged]