New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 40 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The good:

Fuel efficiency - 10 to 15 kpl, and you could push it to 21 highway driving.
    ULT Seats - This takes the cake. No small car can give you so much space.
    10,000 kms service intervals - Sort of saves you money since you don't have to service it every 5,000 kms
    Peppy engine - This 1.3L engine gives more than enough torque to carry lots of cargo and passengers.
    Nice Bucket Seats - Those body hugging bucket seats are very comfortable.
    7-speed mode - if you get the CVT variant, you get to shift just like a manual. Its like playing playstation.
    Cool aircon - This Keihin aircon is powerful than the usual aircons (except probably of the nissans)
    Lots of storage spaces - I count 13 places to put your stuff in such as shades, magazines, cellphone, loose change, water bottles, etc.

The bad -

Probably the parts and service - you have to service it at the CASA thus much expensive.
    Thick front pillars - Although it is there to protect you, its thickness does limit a little your front vision. It does take getting used to it.
    Rear vision - is covered by those rear headrest. Suggest you buy a wider snap-on mirror.

The ugly -

The suspensions - They are stiff and more to my liking though however, avoid potholes at moderate speeds since it creates a loud and disturbing THUD either at the front or back. It sounds like somebody whacked a 2 by 2 under your car.

Hope this helps.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    are they still selling the 1.3 with safety options?..afaik sa 1.5vtec na lang yata yung SRS/ABS

the bad:
    1.suspension
    2.cost of maintenance

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Mguy and Ozcity... Salamat ng marami po your comments are well appreciated

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    One more thing. Im planning to change the 14" rims to 15". Knowing now that one of the down sides of the Jazz is its suspension, will this change make the suspension even "uglier"?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell
    One more thing. Im planning to change the 14" rims to 15". Knowing now that one of the down sides of the Jazz is its suspension, will this change make the suspension even "uglier"?
    probably. by changing to bigger rims, you will have to put in lower profile tires, hence, harsher ride.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Interesting to note that the 1.3 and the 1.5 variants have thesame suspension set-up. The 1.3 has 14" rims while the 1.5 has 15" rims. So is it safe to pressume that if i place 15" rims to my "future" 1.3 jazz, performance will not suffer?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    well that really depends on you and your perception of performance. if its for everyday driving, it will suffice. then it is safe to say that performance may not suffer.

changing from 14" to 15" rims usually doesnt affect the suspension system, its when you change the tires into a much low-profile one, like a 50 series (stock on the 15" rims of the vtec jazz is 65 series i think) then you may see the difference performance wise.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I was told by a honda sales agent that as long as i maintain the stock series 65 (tires), even if i have a 15" rims, the ride will still be comfortable as if i had 14" rims. What say you?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka magrubbing na yung tires mo sa wheel wells kung u increase ur tire size n u still use 65 series tires....

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    I see some Jazz upgrade their mags and tires to 15" and 195x50x15 tires. oks naman.
    and I think hanggang dun na lang sa 15" mags ang pupuwede.

Honda Jazz [Merged]