New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    advantage talaga yung CVT compared to a conventional auto. it's more efficient than a slushbox because there's no power-sapping torque converter. it's got infinite speeds and shifts a billion times a second. it shifts very smoothly. best of all, it allows the car to build up speed without revving the engine.

the jazz cvt can actually accelerate to 40 or so kph (very gradually though hehe) with the tach needle stuck at 1000 rpm the whole time.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    pero nandun pa din stigma na mas mataas ang maintenance nang CVT and mas malakas sa gaso.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    magkano kaya maintenance ng CVT, meron na ba may cvt city dito na umabot ng 100k kms?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    ok pala ang city a. well only honda could only pay attention to its designs. sa civic kaya na lalabas, may CVT na rin?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    matibay naman siguro yung CVT.

yung issue naman sa CVT is that the chain connecting the pulleys isn't strong enough for large, high-torque engines (largest engine that's coupled to a cvt is the nissan 3.5-liter V6 in the murano). naitest naman siguro ng maigi yang CVT sa 1.3 na honda during development (sana hehe)

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by carlocaraddict
    we forgot to mention this. Last Monday, we had a run from Petron Greenhills to Southwoods. MBT filled the tank sa Petron Greenhills. Dinaanan niya ako sa Makati then nagpalit kami so I drove from Makati to Southwoods, so thats 30.6 kilometer drive. Tapos nagpa gas kami dun sa Petron sa SLEX, .95 liters. Based on the computations, 32.2km/L under normal driving conditions. Speed ko is at 80-100kph.

Tipid sobra
    wow! ang tipid nga considering dalawa pa ang sakay ng Jazz!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hmm Di ba ung Mitsubishi CVT? Ung Nissan may CVT din? Tapos Honda CVT.... cguro naman sa tatlong yan na may CVT tech eh pinag-isipan at design ng mabuti...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *carlocaraddict: Yup, I know... CVT really rules the highway legs!

*mbt: I'm trying to engineer the financing to change one of our cars to a City or a Jazz by next year. That driving position is the only reservation I have left about it, but I'm finally sold on the CVT, might angle for a 1.5 CVT if the money fits. Anyway, with the CVT, it's only a right leg problem, right? My arthritis is on the CLUTCH leg! :lol:

AFAIK: It's only the Honda and Mitsubishi CVTs that aren't good enough for bigger cars yet. Nissan's mechanical CVT can take up to 300 hp (Nissan Gloria) and is being used in conjunction with their mainstream V6 models in the US. But Honda's ultralight CVT is the most efficient.

If the CVT belt is a regular maintenance item, it will probably be no more problematic than timing belts, and not very expensive to replace.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    niky,

i found the highway driving position to be fairly okay (it sure needs a telescoping steering wheel though)... it's the brake pedal that's much too close for me hehe.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    *carlocaraddict:

If the CVT belt is a regular maintenance item, it will probably be no more problematic than timing belts, and not very expensive to replace.

AFAIK the belt cannot be replaced alone. The whole tranny is replaced. But I'll have to confirm with Honda...

This is the reason why I didn't buy the CVT, it's not as durable as M/T

Honda Jazz [Merged]