New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by red07 View Post
    Additional question po for the sake of those who plan to change their shoes;

Is it true that when you switch to aftermarket wheels and tires the warranty for the suspension will be voided?
    Nung nag pa PMS ako pina check ko kasi may kabig sa leftside yung jazz. Di naman ako sinigil para sa alignment under warranty pa daw. Depende siguro sa sira kelagan muna siguro nila na ma prove na yung pag palit mo ng mags yung nag cause ng sira.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    *jayeatworld:

Still somewhat of a n00b to lowering and suspension myself (never really a fan of lowered cars, too impractical. Plus I've seen my share of idiots dropping their cars to extremely stupid levels on our roads.), but I think some people either roll their fenders or opt for harder suspension setups...?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jayeatworld View Post
    why do you say they have to be lowered? Wouldn't lowering it cause 'rubbing' problems when turning? Sorry, I'm a complete noob when it comes to this. I've never lowered any of my previous cars before.
    no problem, noob din naman ako. i'm not recommending for the car to be lowered. those are the usual specs if lowered na yung car. so kung di lowered yung car mo, you could go with 215/45/17 tires. sorry for the confusion.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jave View Post
    *jayeatworld:

Still somewhat of a n00b to lowering and suspension myself (never really a fan of lowered cars, too impractical. Plus I've seen my share of idiots dropping their cars to extremely stupid levels on our roads.), but I think some people either roll their fenders or opt for harder suspension setups...?
    true, though i have mine lowered, its not the typical uber-lowered. and other than for aesthetics purposes, for function din siya thats why i added lowering springs. i wouldnt want din to roll my fenders (wala din ako experience on this) and have a stiffer ride.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by red07 View Post
    Additional question po for the sake of those who plan to change their shoes;

Is it true that when you switch to aftermarket wheels and tires the warranty for the suspension will be voided?

opo void po ang suspension pero sinabi naman ng SA ko na wala namang o di naman basta basta nasisira ang suspension ... tnx

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    *pcuerpo:

I sorta get the reason for dropping one's car: better handling and all, plus the sporty look of the fenders hugging the tires. But yun nga, daming bobo dito na sobra sobra na ang drop.

The worst offenders, IMO, are the ones who dropped their cars too much it's like the car is already scraping the road, all the while keeping their stock wheels and tires.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ^ lol yeah. daming ganyan talaga. puro porma but doesnt think of function anymore. kawawa car

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I would just like to revive this thread, just to ask what is the correct offset for 17" rims? I've been looking for a decent shoes, I found Rota Grid (TE37 copy) to be cool, pero gusto ko sana yung may curve sya paloob sa gitna, nakakita ako honda city ganon eh, parang yung orig talaga na TE37, I've seen a TE37 2 days ago on a Lancer EX and a ROTA Grid on the city 2 nights ago, magkaporma eh, hindi lang basta flat or diretso yung spoke nung sa city, it's the same curve nung orig. so I've been searching and found out that 17x9 ng ROTA Grid is ganon
    17x9 Rota Grid - Full Royal Sports Bronze(5x114.3/e25/73) Wheeldude.com - Professional wheel dealer.

but I'm wondering if walang magiging rubbing issues dito? offset kase nya +25 lang eh.

eto naman has an offset of +42
    17x9 Rota Grid - Flat Black (5x100/e42/73) Wheeldude.com - Professional wheel dealer.

pero mas gusto ko kase yung bronze eh.

yung 17x8 and below kase wala na yung curve nya, I'm wondering pano yon nag fit sa honda city kung ganyan sya kalapad. stock naten is 16x6.5 right? so + 2.5 inches sya non, di ko alam kung mag rub na non.

I don't know what are the limits para no rubbing issues, stock suspension ako, pero I carry laundry bags everyweekend from pampanga to makati. and sometimes apat kameng nakasakay.

TIA po sa mga sasagot

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by imogen View Post
    but I'm wondering if walang magiging rubbing issues dito? offset kase nya +25 lang eh.

eto naman has an offset of +42
    17x9 Rota Grid - Flat Black (5x100/e42/73) Wheeldude.com - Professional wheel dealer.

pero mas gusto ko kase yung bronze eh.

yung 17x8 and below kase wala na yung curve nya, I'm wondering pano yon nag fit sa honda city kung ganyan sya kalapad. stock naten is 16x6.5 right? so + 2.5 inches sya non, di ko alam kung mag rub na non.

I don't know what are the limits para no rubbing issues, stock suspension ako, pero I carry laundry bags everyweekend from pampanga to makati. and sometimes apat kameng nakasakay.

TIA po sa mga sasagot
    boss ang alam ko +42 ang lowest offset ng jazz. +45 yung pinaka safe.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by s1x_p4c View Post
    boss ang alam ko +42 ang lowest offset ng jazz. +45 yung pinaka safe.

Sir how about width? kase yun 17x9 sya +42 offset. stock is 16x6.5 lang :-(

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123