New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ill booked mark this thread (cheat) hehe. plano ko nga kumuha ng city in the near future kaso with the price of 2nd hand today para ang bagal mag depreciate ng city at jazz.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    tagal talaga kapag honda hehe. anyone tried it also? can someone verify this sa casa or sino ba taga honda dito? enlighten us naman hehe.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    We try resetting the CVT from time to time, it does improve the fuel consumption of our Jazz.
    Last edited by drey; February 16th, 2009 at 04:43 PM.
    iam3739.com

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    So how do I know if the cheat was done successfuly?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    i havent changed the battery of our City, a month old car. i just noticed that my fuel consumption is going down. From 12.7km/l (week 1) to 13.3km/l (week 2) to 11.3km/l (week 3) and 12.1km/l (week 4). What's weird is yung 11.3km/l was nung holy week. Will the reset work in solving this? Ang napansin ko kasi, hindi smooth ang transmission lately, and lagi sya downshift.

Another question, how do you really drive the CVT? Do you just step on the gas in a constant manner and let him do the shifting? Or you step on the gas hard to shift down and release to shift up? Hope you could help a clueless and concerned CVT user.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bro.,- it should give you the best gear ratio given any speed you're in. So, I guess, stepping on the gas pedal in a constant manner should offer you the best fuel rate consumption. My foot is heavy on the gas pedal, and yet, we're averaging about 12Km/L in city driving + numerous humps in BF Paranaque...

5707:tumbleweed:

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    constant manner lang. but if you want to induce downshifting, lift your foot off then apply it again gently, you'll notice your rpms are a couple hundreds lower. the best i got in the city driving is about 15km/l i guess.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    OT: Thanks mga sirs. I hope my city's fc will improve as it gains more kms, nasa 900+ kms pa lang. Ganon din ba sa inyo?

not OT: I'll try to see if 7-speed goes to 1 pa. Parang one-time nasa 2 sya tho sobra bagal takbo ko e.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^

Those are just approximate gears bro.,- remember that what we have is continuously variable transmission,- so walang 'exact gear'.

You want to see "1" displayed? Make a full stop....

From wikipedia.com

A continuously variable transmission (CVT) is a transmission which can change steplessly through an infinite number of effective gear ratios between maximum and minimum values. This contrasts with other mechanical transmissions that only allow a few different discrete gear ratios to be selected. The flexibility of a CVT allows the driving shaft to maintain a constant angular velocity over a range of output velocities. This can provide better fuel economy than other transmissions by enabling the engine to run at its most efficient revolutions per minute (RPM) for a range of vehicle speeds.
    5707:tumbleweed:

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    just got home. mag 2am na. i just did the reset again. together with the reset procedure while driving the car at 60kph then decelerate. observe ako tom

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Honda Jazz/City CVT Reset Procedures