New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Help lang po sa 80KPMS ng jazz 2010 model. What are the parts to be replaced? And how much? As informed fuel filter is very expensive during 80k maintenance. Also palit din daw ng spark plugs. Thanks po.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Assuming you follow Honda's usual PMS cycle, below are the things to be done during the 60k and 80k PMS. You can check these details at the Honda Cars Makati site (-== Honda Cars Makati Inc. - The Official Website of Honda Cars Makati Inc. ==-). They are found under Services -> Preventive Maintenance.

Honda Engine Oil Replaced
    Engine Oil Filter Replaced
    Tie rod Ends, Steering Gearbox & Boots Checked
    Suspension Components Checked
    Exhaust System Checked
    Brake hoses, Lines & Connections Checked
    Front & Rear Braked Checked
    Driveshaft Boots Checked
    Fuel Tank, Fuel Lines & Connections Checked
    Fuel Filter Replaced
    Drive Belts Tension & Condition Checked
    Valve Clearance Checked
    Air Cleaner Element Replaced
    Spark Plugs Replaced
    Transmission Oil Replaced (For AT Only)
    All Fluid Levels (Clutch, Brake, Washer, Coolant) Inspected
    Parking Brake Adjustment Checked
    Rotate Tires (Check Conditions, Wear & Pressure Including Spare Tire)

Honda Engine Oil Replaced
    Engine Oil Filter Replaced
    Tie rod Ends, Steering Gearbox & Boots Checked
    Suspension Components Checked
    Exhaust System Checked
    Brake hoses, Lines & Connections Checked
    Front & Rear Braked Checked
    Driveshaft Boots Checked
    Fuel Tank, Fuel Lines & Connections Checked
    Fuel Filter Replaced
    Drive Belts Tension & Condition Checked
    Valve Clearance Checked
    Air Cleaner Element Replaced
    Spark Plugs Replaced
    Transmission Oil Replaced (For AT Only)
    All Fluid Levels (Clutch, Brake, Washer, Coolant) Inspected
    Parking Brake Adjustment Checked
    Rotate Tires (Check Conditions, Wear & Pressure Including Spare Tire)

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Assuming your car is out of warranty and if you have your own trusted mechanic (who is familiar with new Honda cars), you can have him do the labor and stuff. Just bring him the parts and fluids you need to conduct the 80k PMS. Labor cost is way cheaper than what they charge at a Honda casa.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Assuming your car is out of warranty and if you have your own trusted mechanic (who is familiar with new Honda cars), you can have him do the labor and stuff. Just bring him the parts and fluids you need to conduct the 80k PMS. Labor cost is way cheaper than what they charge at a Honda casa.
    Thank you sir.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    medyo matrabaho lang ang fuel filter since from the inside ang pagpalit nito afaik so i'd still recommend to bring it sa casa for replacement.. and the fuel filter itself is around 4k plus but not more than 4.5k naman

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pcuerpo View Post
    medyo matrabaho lang ang fuel filter since from the inside ang pagpalit nito afaik so i'd still recommend to bring it sa casa for replacement.. and the fuel filter itself is around 4k plus but not more than 4.5k naman
    Thanks sir pcuerpo. Nagpaquote nga ako sa casa tama estimate mo. Mas mahal pa sa outside casa around 6k. They have no idea yet abt new model PMS. Outside casa every 20k. Sa casa 80k.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Personally I'd suggest sa trusted Honda casa ka nalang magpagawa. The quality of service is still better and the cost for labor can be reasonable given the scope of work. Plus they thoroughly check what needs to be checked. Recently nagpa-PMS ako sa labas for an older Honda car, they didn't do as much as what the casa normally does in checking and in the end I only saved only P250 sa labor. I just don't understand why changing the spark plugs can shoot the labor bill up by being called "tune up." I was way more satisfied last year when I had my PMS done in Honda SPA Tandang Sora.

When I canvassed around, the only overpriced component from Honda was the air filter. What you can do is just buy a cheaper replacement one outside then install it on your own since it's fairly easy. The spark plugs were decently priced sa casa too. Not sure about the fuel filter though.

Experiences can differ though!