New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    I have used Honda Shaw, Honda Global City, and Honda Quezon City. Honda Global City does not have a full range of service, and in view of what has been said about it in this forum, I won't go back.

Honda Shaw is supposed to be the more professional center, but my experience there was less than satisfactory. I tried Honda Quezon City today, and am waiting for them to finish the job, but so far I am not impressed. At least it is not a five star standard.

First, I called yesterday and asked for an appointment today. They said it was OK, so I brought the car there one hour ahead of the appointed time. They could not find the appointment on their computer. Lesson 1: get the name of the person who gave you the appointment.

They accepted my order as a walk-in client. I asked them to check my spare key, as Honda Shaw did not tell me that they were going to reprogram the car lock system last time I had the lock fixed, so I did not get my spare key reprogrammed. (That was the second time that I had to go to Honda Shaw to fix the same problem.) So now I had to make this trip to have the spare key reprogrammed, so that it can remotely open the car locks. The service officer put the spare key in the ignition, and since the car could start, he said the key probably only had low battery. I said it was the remote control that was not working. He still said it was just the battery. Either he did not know it needed to be reprogrammed, or Honda Shaw just replaced the battery of the spare key after they "fixed" (not) the car door problem the first time round.

Since he insisted it was only the battery low, I asked him to see if they had a replacement battery for the spare key. He checked with his service guys and came back to tell me that the key needed to be reprogrammed,and it would cost me P750. Since this was similar to what Honda Shaw charged the first time, I agreed. He was either not knowledgeable about car keys, or milked me for a car key replacement battery. Of course, that alone would not make the whole service level poor, but just not excellent.

Then he asked if I wanted the car serviced. I said I would need the car back in the afternoon (it was 10:30am then), so I would have it serviced only if I could get it back soon. He said the service would take 3 and a half hours. Having learned from my experience with Honda Shaw, I asked for specific completion time. He said 4 p.m. That was the same kind of reply I got from Shaw. In fact, last time my car was ready for service (arrived 8:40am) at 9 a.m., and for a 3 and a half hour service to complete, it took until past 4 p.m. Even allowing for one hour lunch break, there was still 1 and a half hour missing. Lesson Two: when they say a job will take 3 and a half hour, then be prepared to add another 3 hours to get your car back. This moves the service satisfaction level from possibly very good to possibly good. Let me see if they can keep this level of service satisfaction when it is done this pm.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    mag-Honda Pasig na lang kasi kayo. ako 16 yrs na nagpapa-service dun. from our very first HOnda Esi.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Honda Global City Service sucks