New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 58 of 111 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DonCamote View Post
    That is way too much. I have same car as yours pero I average 8-10 city driving/hiway can go up to 12-15 (I'm not too heavy on the pedal). If you used to average a lot better than 5.3k/l then you should have your car checked.
    The short travel distance of 5km is the reason why he has such low FE. At that short distance, the engine have barely warmed up so its FC has not stabilized enough to be efficient.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Oct 2008 to Jan 2010:
    Honda Civic ESi
    JDM D15B VTEC (blacktop 20 camlobe)

Mixed city/highway/hataw (w/ aircon): 9 km/liter
    Mixed city/highway/hataw (w/o aircon): 15 km.liter

Sep 2011 to present:
    Honda Civic ESi
    JDM D15B VTEC (silvertop 20 camlobe)

Mixed city/highway/hataw (w/ aircon): 7.5 km/liter
    Mixed city/highway/hataw (w/o aircon): 10 km/liter

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Hi Tsikot!

I've bought a 2nd hand Honda civic 2004 VTI 1.6 AT. I've been using it for a month now and my fuel consumption ranges from 8-10km/L. I rarely go further than the whole stretch of commonwealth sometime Q.ave, ortigas, mandaluyong.

My driving style - I'm a new driver so 60kph already feels very fast for me, I'm rarely on 70/80kph. I'm also very gas conscious so I try not to step on the gas if I don't need to. I've hit the 10km/L mark because I step on the gas for 1% and it accelerates VERY VERY slowly to the point all the other cars overtake me - this way though I was able to hit the 10km/L mark. the rest of my fuel readings are at 8km/L sometimes lower

I was wondering how does this fuel consumption stand with other cars of the same model. The owner says that he was able to make 13-14km/L (I dunno if it true though)

If this is too low what are the parts that I would need to have check to see if they are what's causing the fuel consumption to be low

thanks tsikot!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Honda Jazz 1.5V 2012
    City - 10 km/L
    Highway - 12-14 km/L

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Whats the fuel consumption of honda accord 2.0 2004 model? Thanks

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I got my Honda CRV 2011 2.0 A/T just recently. I'm averaging 7.5 km/liter. Is this normal? Will it help if I go to SLEX and ride up to a speed of 120 kph for my fuel economy to improve?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by edwin_ac View Post
    I got my Honda CRV 2011 2.0 A/T just recently. I'm averaging 7.5 km/liter. Is this normal? Will it help if I go to SLEX and ride up to a speed of 120 kph for my fuel economy to improve?
    For city driving this should be normal. (or if you spend more time in traffic than in the highway- ie. 70% city driving and 30% in highway)

I have a CRV 2011 2.0 MT. Highest mileage I got was 15.1km/ li for "pure" highway driving(normal load with aircon). My average daily commute of 80% highway and 20% city driving gives me 10-11 km/li.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AICRAG0617 View Post
    For city driving this should be normal. (or if you spend more time in traffic than in the highway- ie. 70% city driving and 30% in highway)

I have a CRV 2011 2.0 MT. Highest mileage I got was 15.1km/ li for "pure" highway driving(normal load with aircon). My average daily commute of 80% highway and 20% city driving gives me 10-11 km/li.
    Yes my driving percentage is around that area 70/30. Nice to know I'm within normal range.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I got a 2nd hand CRV 05 April 2011
    4x2 A/T 2.0 April 2011
    ODO 44k
    FC city drive 6.2 - 7.1 a/c on fuel etra, xcs, gold
    FC pure highway nlex, sctx 10.9 ave speed 90-100 fuel XCS & V-power
    top speed 140, downhill the A/T downshift to 3rd?, it seems this under power engine does'nt have the torque.... disappointed..., well thats what i can afford. Maybe if I remove the Catalytic converter would some how increase power and get a better FC.

Quote Originally Posted by emer View Post
    I got a 2nd hand '05 jazz 1.3 Idsi a/t ODO 44k.
    Area Banaue qc to tayuman mla.
    engine rev. 2k shift "D" FC 8.8km
    After performing 40k PM casa engine rev. lower *1.5 FC 9.5
    Now Free wheeling technique FC 9.8 I dont think I can get 10?
    Fuel used silver, xtra. I tried gold, but its best for hiway.
    Although I was expecting to get 13-14 like but..... thats life! its a 2nd hand....

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Fellow tsikoters and GEN 2 CRV drivers/owners,

Kamusta sa lahat. I drive a standard shift 2wd CRV. I always try ways to have better fuel efficiency on my ride.Regular maintenance and even sa pagtanggal sa 3rd row seat kung hindi naman namin ginagamit.hehehe. Anyway,
    I read this article , Driving Tips to Save Gas - Save Gas This Summer - Popular Mechanics
    , a few months before.
    One item suggested this

"Tactic No. 2: Avoid Slowly Crawling Up to Speed

Conventional wisdom says that jackrabbit starts consume more fuel. But it turns out that nursing your speed up to the limit too slowly also lowers mpg. How can that be? Cars get poorer fuel economy in lower gears, and accelerating too slowly prevents upshifting at an efficient rate. The best acceleration rate varies with the vehicle, gear ratios and weight. But in our testing we found that taking 15 seconds to accelerate to 50 mph used less fuel than taking 30 seconds to reach the same speed, because the car entered its top, fuel-​saving gear sooner.

Read more: Driving Tips to Save Gas - Save Gas This Summer - Popular Mechanics

It made me think whether this applies also to standard shift vehicles or only to automatic transmission.

Alalay ako mag accelerate , as needed basis lang ang sudden acceleration for me. Nalito tuloy ako
    kung mas nakakatipid ba ako sa driving habits ko o dapat ibahin ko.

Your input are appreciated.

Read more: http://tsikot.com/forums/honda-cars-...#ixzz1cnUnjy1u