New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    vtec 3 manual yun akin di pa ako bumaba sa 10 km/li. yung matic namin na vtec 3 bago nabenta di naman bumaba sa 9 km/li.
    tingin ko driving habit lang yan, wag hataw kung di naman kelangan.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    sa SiR ko city driving na may hataw paminsan minsan im doing 10-11km/L

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    VTi automatic trans. doing 11km/L on mostly highway driving.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    wrcastro,
    i'm driving along EDSA from ortigas to monumento. Medyo traffic lang from kamuning to cubao southbound and ortigas to kamuning southbound.

I also travel weekly to laguna via SSH.

I think vti is more efficient than lxi if you are driving below the 3,000 rpm band.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by khayib
    wrcastro,
    i'm driving along EDSA from ortigas to monumento. Medyo traffic lang from kamuning to cubao southbound and ortigas to kamuning southbound.

I also travel weekly to laguna via SSH.

I think vti is more efficient than lxi if you are driving below the 3,000 rpm band.

Kyahib,

Siguro depende sa dinadaanan. halos kokonti ang traffic light pala ng route mo. Ang daily route ko kasi is Tonda-Makati and Manila area lang. Kasi pag nasa Bulacan ako is about the same na din siguro. I will try to measure again. Thank you very much .

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i should agree with khahib. mas hamak na malakas ang horsepower/cc ng vti kesa sa lxi.
    there is one article that is published before sa isang broadsheet stating that boosting performance of an engine can save you a fuel. considering the efficiency in terms of power generated of performance-tuned engine than that of the stock one. that is, as based on the studies, stock engines can only give 75% of total output compared to the 90% of the performance-tuned engine.

eto pa mga guys, would you agree na ang lxi ay very much underpowered dahil sa body nya? hence, you need to step more on the gas pedal to achieve a certain speed. while on the vti or sir can give you the speed that you want by stepping lightly on the gas.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Tune-up? pano kaya malalaman kung wala na sa timing ang auto? kasi ako lang ang nagpapalit ng sparkplug and air filter .
    Pero yung change oil ay pinagagawa ko sa shop. [/B][/QUOTE]

bro, i think dahil ssa mga efi at may mga ecu ang mga ride natin, di na kelangangan i check yan. ecu is the one handling that, which is pre-programmed. wag lang masisira ang ecu mo. in my experience, di pa me nagche-check kung wala sa timing ang engine ko. considering it was 8 years and di na pinapasok masyado sa casa. pero it was the same as it was, (performance-wise),para malaman mo kung wala na sa timing, mahina na humatak. of course, there are several factors pa rin. pero isa ito sa mga yun. post ko dito, i'll be researching for that one.

tune-up means, regular oil change: 5,000km for the mineral-based lube, 10,000 to 15,000 km for the synthetic lube. on extreme cases, synthetic oil can be used up to 50,000 km. pero abuso na yun!

valve-lifter adjustments(clearance). too tight can contribute to excessive fuel consumption, too loose can result to rattling noise. but no evidence that it contribute to excessive fuel consumption.

spark-plugs, correct gaps is a must.

bro, i can give the figures for the valve clearance and spark plug gaps(i read somewhere that accord uses the same heat range, please do correct me if i'm wrong) for the lxi in my next post. i'm encouraging also owners of the vti and sir to share the figures. for the benefit of all.

:D

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    is the honda city really fuel efficient?

its nearest rival, vios can run for as low as 16km/l for its 1.5l engine on city driving as tested by satisfied owners. 1.3l may reach as low as 20km/l;

the city may never duplicate these figures but is far superior from other features (again never mind the looks)..

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    whoa. sulit yan ha...20km/L? Is that under actual road and traffic conditions dito sa manila?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    totoo po ba ito?