New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hey I heard before that Honda Phil. used the "contract" thing to hit 2 birds w/ one stone. It's a simple marketing strategy actually.. thru this kasi they can hide their known suspension quality weakness and at the same time make consumers feel pampered and exclusive because of their car not being a Taxi and all.

The civic being a taxi is no big deal actually, but for us pinoys that has fallen to the marketing strategy that honda phil. did e are kinda shocked in a way. And oh this fact.. or fiction came from a Honda officer locally. ;)

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I don't remember signing a contract when I bought my FD Civic.

But the FD taxi from Taiwan looks cool with the spoiler.

3. Join Date
    May 2007

Porsche Cayenne and Maybach. Now we’re talking. Hello HONDA! Gagawin ko narin Taxi yong accord ko.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I've a Lancer (itlog). 'Been with me for 14 years. Lotsa taxis of the same make. No big deal. When I go to Cambodia, my taxi service usually sends a Camry taxi to fetch me from the airport. One time, they even sent a Jeep Cherokee. Not a new one but stil, it was a Jeep Cherokee. One time, they even sent a Puegot. Last time I visited Malaysia (March), the taxi service we call usually sends a Cefiro.

Honestly, it's only here in the Philippines (I think) that car owners are "saddened" when they see that a cab is the same make and model as their ride. To most coutries, it is no big deal. Fact of life.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'd love to see a Taxi FD. sa mahal ng fare ngayon, atleast you get the worth you are paying for.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    I've a Lancer (itlog). 'Been with me for 14 years. Lotsa taxis of the same make. No big deal. When I go to Cambodia, my taxi service usually sends a Camry taxi to fetch me from the airport. One time, they even sent a Jeep Cherokee. Not a new one but stil, it was a Jeep Cherokee. One time, they even sent a Puegot. Last time I visited Malaysia (March), the taxi service we call usually sends a Cefiro.

Honestly, it's only here in the Philippines (I think) that car owners are "saddened" when they see that a cab is the same make and model as their ride. To most coutries, it is no big deal. Fact of life.

i agree on this! wala naman sa brand yan, pare parehas lang yan na pwedeng gawin taxi nasa owner na lang talaga, let say kung yung mercedes/bmw mo gagawin mong taxi be ready for the higher maintenance cost pero most of the hotels/company here ginagawa lang nila taxi/cab yan kasi nga kaya nila yung maintenance. dito lang sa atin talaga hindi pwede ang honda pero in other countries pwede naman. tama din siguro na gimmick lang din ng honda yun dito sa atin, kahit na hindi ginagawang taxi mataas pa din sales nila kasi nga pag sinabing honda pwedeng sabihing "sosyal" o mas angat sa toyota/nissan/hyundai/mitsubishi, pansinin nyo mas mataas ang resale value nila.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Basta ako as a Honda owner no complaints ako dito. Kasi kung ginawang taxi baka bumagsak value ng kotse ko

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    hindi rin tama na sabihin na ang honda ay mahina sa bugbugan.. nasa driver na yan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako din nagtataka dyan sa honda hype na yan eh.
    i've ridden a benz taxi, a BMW taxi, a Lexus taxi and a Rolls Royce taxi.

sheesh... filipino mentality talaga....

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ya speaking of pinoy mentality,

i have a friend who was given a company car --- a Vios

he told me meron daw nagcomment...

"Manager ka pero Vios lang kotse mo?"

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast