New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Actually, my wife has a 2002 CRV with just 11,000km. Why? Eversince my wife's folks bought it they hardly used it, It is the 3rd car in the house and ginagamit lang pang-coding na ang biyahe lang is from Acropolis to Eastwood and back! Since the car was given to my wife a few months back, Di rin namin ginagamit masyado kasi ang lakas sa gas, my wife prefers to use the Altis and I would rather use my MB kasi mas tipid sa gas kahit na ironically 6 cylinder yung MB ko. Now we have decided that the CRV has to go and were looking around kung ano ipapalit namin sa CRV, but the 2 final contenders on our list is the new Altis and the Fort 2.5 Diesel. (ayaw namin Civic Fd saka Sta. Fe)

On another note, I remember looking for a used Revo for the office about 4 years ago, one particular unit we looked at was in Kamias area which the owner claimed had about 40,000 km on it, when we looked at the car kita namin baklas yung dashboard, so there goes the lame excuse na nililinis daw yung instrument cluster. Sensing that somethings fishy I decided to pop the hood and have a look at the engine, Lo and behold! nakita ko yung sticker ng timing belt replacement which states that the belt was replaced at 97,000km!!! Umalis na lang ako without listening to the owners alibi.
    i used to own a 2000 CRV. excellent car. my cheap way to improve gas mileage is to just clean the air filter, hehe. after cleaning, it returns to near 8-9 kms per liter. considering that both my civics get 10 and 11, 8 to 9 ain't so bad, hehe. it is a mini-suv, after all.

so... hindi pala tamper proof mga odometers na 'to.

is nothing sacred in the world of motoring these days na? hehe

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    tanong lang kung ganyan kababa mileage ng mga sasakyan mo, bakit ka pa bumili ng cars? hehehehe
    yup. pangbenta. iba yung pangbenta iba din yung alaga. yung alaga kasi kahit pagandahin mo e hindi nakakapanghinayang. yung about sa mileage e base ito dun sa actual na gamit ko lang ha.
    Last edited by LexTer; March 8th, 2008 at 09:49 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    i used to own a 2000 CRV. excellent car. my cheap way to improve gas mileage is to just clean the air filter, hehe. after cleaning, it returns to near 8-9 kms per liter. considering that both my civics get 10 and 11, 8 to 9 ain't so bad, hehe. it is a mini-suv, after all.

so... hindi pala tamper proof mga odometers na 'to.

is nothing sacred in the world of motoring these days na? hehe
    I have a friend who owns both the 1st and 2nd gen CRV's, according to him mas lakas sa gas yung 2nd gen (i-VTEC engine) FC din ang complain niya sa 03 CRV niya. BTW we get around 5km/liter

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    I have a friend who owns both the 1st and 2nd gen CRV's, according to him mas lakas sa gas yung 2nd gen (i-VTEC engine) FC din ang complain niya sa 03 CRV niya. BTW we get around 5km/liter
    OT:

5 lang? you might as well get the expedition. 3-5 with more rolling mass pa hehe.

i was told na mas tipid na daw yung i-vtec series. cguro pag m/t at straight highway with banayad driving.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Digiital odometers are NOT TAMPER proof. They are just as susceptible to tampering like the analog ones. However, for the digital odometer, its is done electronically via PC + harness to the cluster.

As always, dont rely on the odometer reading to evaluate the condition of the vehicle once you are buying second hand cars. Check by yourself. If your not that good, bring along with you a good mechanic. You may pay him a little but the results maybe worth it.

Tampered or not as long as the condition of the car is OK, why not. and as long as the odometer reads correctly (as in actual KM =, more or less to 1KM odo reading).

OT na: when someone sells you a car pointing out its KM reading as selling point, brush it aside. Try to evaluate on actual condition. If proven wrong, I might even appraise the car to its actual value and tell the sales person that how much I would buy it.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    OT:

5 lang? you might as well get the expedition. 3-5 with more rolling mass pa hehe.

i was told na mas tipid na daw yung i-vtec series. cguro pag m/t at straight highway with banayad driving.
    Exactly! my mom has an exped, I used it to Tagaytay and also took the CRV to Tagaytay on different occassion using the same route although traffic was somewhat heavier when I took the Exped. Now, guess which car used up more gas? Unbelievable but the CRV consumed more fuel than the Exped although not by a lot. But the point here is why does a compact SUV with a 2.0 liter 4 cylinder engine consume more fuel than a V-8 full size SUV? I don't know the answer but it has been boggling my mind for quite sometime now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Honda digital odometers - tamper proof?