New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Guys, jazz owner here..I'm just curious about the digital inforrmation display if it would reset if i disconnect my battery connection for a long time? I thought of prolonging my battery life especially now that I have a shock sensor alarm that's always activated. I'm gonna disconnect it lang naman whenever I'm parked at home and since I don't always bring my baby at work..thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    huh!? you're willing to go to all that hassle just to prolong your battery, IMO, it will not help in prolonging the life of your battery...after 2 years palit ka na rin whether gawin mo yan or hinde..

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Isolate only those items you want deactivated and not the whole car's electrical system.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    If anything, your ECU will probably reset and if you have CD/Radio anti theft alarm you have to input the codes everytime you reconnect your battery.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Nothing can be gained by this practice. You'll just wear down the battery terminals or clamp. Car batteries are consumable items, and like tires, they will eventually wear down whether you use them or not. The best way to prolong their life is to keep the car's charging system in top shape.

If you have to leave the car unused for a significant amount of time (ie. several months), use a battery tender. It will help to maintain the battery's state of charge until the next time you need it.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chomz View Post
    Guys, jazz owner here..I'm just curious about the digital inforrmation display if it would reset if i disconnect my battery connection for a long time? I thought of prolonging my battery life especially now that I have a shock sensor alarm that's always activated. I'm gonna disconnect it lang naman whenever I'm parked at home and since I don't always bring my baby at work..thanks!
    hmmm. kung araw araw mong gagawin yan, napaka tedious nyan. baka masira pa yung battery terminals mo...

yaan mo na yan...magpapalit ka rin naman ng battery every two years eh...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    add ko lang rin, aside sa magiging totally useless ang alarm mo if ever meron ka pati settings mo sa clock, radio preset etc. ay mawawala parang bula. meaning you have to reset all of these every time you put the batt. terminal

in short it will not benefit you and your car lalo na in times of emergency.
    Last edited by XTO; March 23rd, 2009 at 06:31 PM.

Honda Digital Information Display