New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bajumbo
    With regards to CVT not being given to Accords or CRVs ang hula ko kc di pa nila mastered ung CVT for bigger and more powerful engines. Nissan pa lang ata nakakagawa nito.
    The CVTs can't quite handle the torque with current materials. Well, not practically.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    great inputs sirs.

yup, the shift in-between gears is what i'm referring to. it's good to hear that it's almost instantaneous, sounds very promsing once they've perfected the material design for more powerful engines.

thanks!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    what's the best way to drive using cvt: gradual increase (light apak sa gas) in speed until you reach 60-80 and then maintain or get it up to the same speed asap and then maintain? this assumes, of course, na open road (and not stop and go)

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    basta ako ginagawa ko i maintain the rpm at around 1800-2000. constant na yan. 0-80kph. bihira ko na nga tignan yung speedometer e. hehehe. joined a honda econo-run before with a master tsikoteer, niky. hehehe. got 23km/L. :D

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bajumbo
    With regards to CVT not being given to Accords or CRVs ang hula ko kc di pa nila mastered ung CVT for bigger and more powerful engines. Nissan pa lang ata nakakagawa nito.

CVT is not durable. Period. So the less strain on it the longer it'll live and that can be achieved by using weaker engines.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by a9828
    what's the best way to drive using cvt: gradual increase (light apak sa gas) in speed until you reach 60-80 and then maintain or get it up to the same speed asap and then maintain? this assumes, of course, na open road (and not stop and go)

Accelerating too slowly wastes gas as will accelerating too fast.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    hi guys bago lang ako dito. gusto ko lang ishare sa inyo experience kos a CVT ng honda city vtec ko. 0-80kph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpY8yQYDydU

7-speed auto mode yan. if naka D lang ako i find it weird kasi ang rpm ko constant lang talaga malapit sa redline pero still fun to drive talaga

ito naman yung naka manual mode. as you can see, responsive talaga masyado

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy3hgKTNBSs

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    The CVTs can't quite handle the torque with current materials. Well, not practically.
    Sa Toyota Group naman, the highest I've seen with their CVT is 500+ newton meters (for Lexus LS vehicles).

Not sure if it can handle something more than 500 nm pero hopefully the torque limit will go up.
    Last edited by Blackraven; March 21st, 2007 at 05:37 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my mom once had a 1.3 CVT City color-coding car so so... exciting yung tranny feeling formula 1 talaga but di mo masyado feel yung oomph... She sold it and bought a 2007 1.5 Jazz CVT, last week test drive ko kanina...woah to tell you the truth parang mas masarap pa siya idrive sa car ko. Now i really want to try an SMG Bimmer.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    am considering getting the 1.3 cvt. ok ba sya for daily trips on slex? di ba underpowered o maingay makina?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Honda CVT