New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    i Love my Vtec CVT Jazz. Really really really responsive. As soon as you press the + or - button, it'll shift gears asap. Our Focus has like a 1 or 1.5 second lag before it shifts gears in manual mode..

BUT the downside of this is that SOBRANG HASSLE daw kung mawalan ka ng battery..You have to go back to the casa for them to calibrate it again..
    (I think my jazz still has 1 more year before I change batt..)

And the CVT trany is really expensive to fix daw.. Hpe my jazz wont conk out of me just yet hehehe

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by manager View Post
    am considering getting the 1.3 cvt. ok ba sya for daily trips on slex? di ba underpowered o maingay makina?
    having tried 1.3 city and the 1.5 jazz ang layo ng difference. Parang lugi ang pakiramdam mo sa 1.3 once you try the 1.5. I suggest go for the 1.5 konti lang naman ata diff.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    The Honda CVT (multimatic with 7-speed) works best on R-series and L-series engines. The Fit/Jazz uses L-series engines so that's why it works well on it. Same goes for the R-series engines (R18 and R20) and this is most evident in the Honda Stream Minivan/MPV.

Even so, I still rank Honda's CVT technology in 3rd place (2nd place for Toyota Group and 1st place goes to Nissan). The Honda CVT can't seem to handle V6 engines yet as the highest so far is a 2.4 liter engine (K24) sa Odyssey minivan/MPV. This good either be that it can't handle anything higher than 200 horsepower or it can't handle torque above 220-230nm. The current CVT of Honda would have to undergo revisions/improvements in order for it to handle V6 engines that require more torque and horsepower as well as to handle newer models in the future that use SH-AWD drivetrain.

Hopefully, Honda would take note of these as they continue improvements on their 7-speed CVT technology.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    having tried 1.3 city and the 1.5 jazz ang layo ng difference. Parang lugi ang pakiramdam mo sa 1.3 once you try the 1.5. I suggest go for the 1.5 konti lang naman ata diff.
    which brings me to my other consideration: kung 1.5 jazz, parang sa civic V na lang. liit lang difference

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Honda Alabang called me up last Saturday encouraging me to bring my Nov.,2004-acquired 1.3L Jazz CVT for a 2-hour service to upgrade the car's transmission fluid.

According to the Honda lady, this is Honda Alabang's Project and is on a selective basis only.

Do you have any idea why Honda Alabang has this program? BTW, mileage on my car is only (approx) 12TKm....

TIA

2301:dog1:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Honda CVT