New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Hello experts!

I have a CRV MT 2003. I'm encountering 2 problems (through the presence of sounds) with the car:

1. On start, sometimes it creates a whining/wheezing sound. Usually kapag kakastart may sound na parang ganito: sound recording (kindly disregard the other sounds, nagagalaw ko kasi yung phone ko habang nagrerecord pero listen to the actual engine sound, meron parang whining/wheezing) Kapag 1st gear minsan may sound pa rin hanggang 2nd gear, pero kapag mga 3rd-5th wala na. Sa gitna ng pagdrive, kapag 1st gear andun pa rin pero minsan nawawala na kapag matagal nang nakaandar. Ito ba yung sinasabi nilang cold start? May kinalaman ba 'to sa engine oil?

Nagtry rin akong magbasa sa link na to: Honda CRV whining sound pero syempre gusto ko rin humingi ng ibang suggestions/recommendations pa.

2. Whenever I turn left (or leftwards), may "Tok!" na sound siya kapag biglaan. Usually nangyayari ito kapag napabilis ako sa pagdaan sa isang malaking hump. Kapag dinahan-dahan ko naman na pa-S na shape ng pagtawid sa hump, walang "Tok" na sound although minsan meron pa rin. Ito ba yung sinasabi nilang problem sa CV joints?

Salamat nang marami mga experts!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfox View Post
    Hello experts!

I have a CRV MT 2003. I'm encountering 2 problems (through the presence of sounds) with the car:

1. On start, sometimes it creates a whining/wheezing sound. Usually kapag kakastart may sound na parang ganito: sound recording (kindly disregard the other sounds, nagagalaw ko kasi yung phone ko habang nagrerecord pero listen to the actual engine sound, meron parang whining/wheezing) Kapag 1st gear minsan may sound pa rin hanggang 2nd gear, pero kapag mga 3rd-5th wala na. Sa gitna ng pagdrive, kapag 1st gear andun pa rin pero minsan nawawala na kapag matagal nang nakaandar. Ito ba yung sinasabi nilang cold start? May kinalaman ba 'to sa engine oil?

Nagtry rin akong magbasa sa link na to: Honda CRV whining sound pero syempre gusto ko rin humingi ng ibang suggestions/recommendations pa.

2. Whenever I turn left (or leftwards), may "Tok!" na sound siya kapag biglaan. Usually nangyayari ito kapag napabilis ako sa pagdaan sa isang malaking hump. Kapag dinahan-dahan ko naman na pa-S na shape ng pagtawid sa hump, walang "Tok" na sound although minsan meron pa rin. Ito ba yung sinasabi nilang problem sa CV joints?

Salamat nang marami mga experts!

I couldn't access your sound bytes, but based on your description it may be a bearing issue, especially when you have just started the engine. Check your pulleys, have you changed the bearing since you acquired the vehicle?

Your second concern maybe a bushing issue. Check your upper arm and lower arm suspensions.

hth.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ans_lim168 View Post
    I couldn't access your sound bytes, but based on your description it may be a bearing issue, especially when you have just started the engine. Check your pulleys, have you changed the bearing since you acquired the vehicle?

Your second concern maybe a bushing issue. Check your upper arm and lower arm suspensions.

hth.
    thanks for the response! hoping to get response from others as well :-)

4. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Apparently, my 1st problem was just associated with the power steering fluid. I've just checked the container and the fluid level was low. The whining sound is gone. I'll try to figure out what's causing the 2nd problem.

Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    For your second problem, go to Sevitek or your suking mechanic to check the following

1) Rack End
    2) Rod End
    3) CV Joint

Yung tok sound kasi na experience ko yan before when turning a hard left and the culprit for me was the CV Joint