New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hi guys, newbie here. I just want to ask regarding the gas you use for Honda CRV. I'll be buying a new CRV 4x2 AT. I'm just curious what gas to use. Will the ordinary unleaded will do? Or is it more advisable to use a higher end gas, for example petron xcs or shell premium unleaded? What's the experience? Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I asked the same question to my SA when I got the CR-V last June. She told me ordinary unleaded will do. So I put in Caltex Silver. One time, the pump for Caltex silver was not operational. Since I was in a hurry and I do not want to transfer to a different pump, I agreed to use the Caltex Gold. Performance wise, I did not notice anything significant. What surprised me was the Fuel efficiency. At least 0.5 km/li was added to my average mileage. I'll stick to Gold for now. Might try the XCS in the future.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for everyday use, ordinary "unleaded" will do, but if going out of town, doon ka na maglagay ng higher octane gas.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I use Petron XCS or Shell V-Power.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Thanks guys for the replies. I'm expecting that performance will be better. But as AICRAG0617 mentioned, ang effect pala is more on fuel efficieny, not performance. I'm assuming na wala namang masama kung paghaluin ko yung unleaded, and let's say XCS or Shell unleaded premium.

Another thing, shadow mentioned to use higher octane for out of town. Kaya ba higher octane for out of town para mabilis ang hatak niya sa long drives?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depende naman sa driving habits mo yan. I always fill up with unleaded because for me, napaka impractical yun lakas ng hatak for the price difference. Pero kung yun ang habol mo, then use Vpower or the like.

Technically, la naman difference between the two. Both will still burn properly inside the Honda engine.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Unleaded ba yun Shell Premium?

Kapag long drives, ok pag high octane fuel. Lakas hatak tsaka mas matipid ang konsumo. I tried using Petron Blaze 100 from QC to San Juan Batangas. Nasa 12km/L ang register niya. Pero hataw yun. Malamang may ititipid pa, 2.4L 4WD pala.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Ok guys thanks for the advise. I'll keep that in mind

Honda CRV Petrol