New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Which variant?

The CR-V is indeed stiff, but not categorically worse than the Crosswind... unless you're coming from an older XTO variant or a recent XT or XTi variant with the smaller tires... yes... those do ride more comfortably. The XUVi is just as bad, in my experience.

The lower-end CR-V variant has stiff and thin fabric seats. These amplify the harsh ride. The higher-end variant's leather seats soften it. If you have a lower-end variant, consider padded leatherette seat covers.

Check tire inflation. If it's underinflated or overinflated too much, that can cause a poor ride.

The easiest solution would be to change out the craptastic Bridgestone Duelers for better tires.

There's a possibility of curing the ride with better aftermarket shock absorbers or softer springs... but this is an unnecessary and major expense on such a new car.
    It's the 2.0 liter A/T. So I guess it's the lower variant. Like I said before, the tire pressure is already 30psi, which is the recommended one by Honda. The shock absorbers or softer springs, does Honda provide this? I think they require any changes to be done from their end since the vehicle is still under warranty. Maybe for now, I'll be considering the padded leatherette seat covers.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Any change made to the vehicle's suspension will void the warranty only of the component changed or any components that may have been affected by the change. Busted shock that you had done outside? No warranty. Busted suspension bushings after shock change? no warranty. But busted headlight or alternator? No relation, so warranty will be okay.
    -

I'm not quite sure, but I think the 2.4 and 2.0 have different suspensions, because, if I recall, the 2011 2.4 has a revised suspension that feels a bit softer. Then again, it may just be the extra weight loading the suspension down so it isn't bouncy and the leather seats absorbing the rest of the shocks. It's worth noting the current 2.4 has different tires, too.

Still, better if you get the shocks outside... Bilstein has applications for the CR-V, if I recall. But too early. Try the seatcover thing, and if that's enough, leave it be until at least 60-80k kms, at which time your springs will have softened up, or your shocks will be losing pressure... then decide.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Any change made to the vehicle's suspension will void the warranty only of the component changed or any components that may have been affected by the change. Busted shock that you had done outside? No warranty. Busted suspension bushings after shock change? no warranty. But busted headlight or alternator? No relation, so warranty will be okay.
    -

I'm not quite sure, but I think the 2.4 and 2.0 have different suspensions, because, if I recall, the 2011 2.4 has a revised suspension that feels a bit softer. Then again, it may just be the extra weight loading the suspension down so it isn't bouncy and the leather seats absorbing the rest of the shocks. It's worth noting the current 2.4 has different tires, too.

Still, better if you get the shocks outside... Bilstein has applications for the CR-V, if I recall. But too early. Try the seatcover thing, and if that's enough, leave it be until at least 60-80k kms, at which time your springs will have softened up, or your shocks will be losing pressure... then decide.
    As for the suspension, I just checked Honda's website, both tires and suspension are the same. Except for the mags, the 2.4 is 5-spoke, while the 2.0 is 7-spoke.

Ok, maybe I'll just try the seat cover first. Have it with a leather and a padded seat cover then I'll try o see it first. Hopefully, I won't feel too harsh once done.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    If you frequently ride alone, you can also try putting a bit of load (like 25 kg sack of rice) in the back -- tataas nga lang yung FC mo. Or, you can add O-Sulee at speedlab -- yung original ha. Huwag yung fake, rubber kind.

I used O sulee on my Ondoyed FXT and it has helped a lot with the noise. (Ride still is, and always has been, good).

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Is the ride the same as the Escape 2003 model?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    sir, i have heard about nitrogen gas used instead of regular air into the tires will help soften the ride, will it really help?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    talagang matagtag crv gamit 2.4 2010 model matic 30psi na lahat ng gulong pero matagtag parin

di gaya ng strada ko dati 2007 model mass maganda pa ride comfort kaysa sa crv ...pero sa ngayun sanay na ako

wala eh ganyan talaga yan ...........

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004crv View Post
    sir, i have heard about nitrogen gas used instead of regular air into the tires will help soften the ride, will it really help?
    Nope. Waste of money. Pure nitrogen is great in high-heat applications which see huge pressure changes like aircraft tires and racing tires on F1 cars (which see temperatures hot enough to melt plastic. But on regular road tires, there's not much of a difference.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    If you frequently ride alone, you can also try putting a bit of load (like 25 kg sack of rice) in the back -- tataas nga lang yung FC mo. Or, you can add O-Sulee at speedlab -- yung original ha. Huwag yung fake, rubber kind.

I used O sulee on my Ondoyed FXT and it has helped a lot with the noise. (Ride still is, and always has been, good).
    Ok i'll check on it.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ronskiton View Post
    talagang matagtag crv gamit 2.4 2010 model matic 30psi na lahat ng gulong pero matagtag parin

di gaya ng strada ko dati 2007 model mass maganda pa ride comfort kaysa sa crv ...pero sa ngayun sanay na ako

wala eh ganyan talaga yan ...........
    Napaka ironic, strada and crv are two of my choices before ako bumili. I chose crv kasi matagtag yung natest drive ko na strada. Pero nasanay na rin ako. Di ko nga alam kung sanay na ko o lumambot na yung shocks nya e. Naiisip ko na lang crv's handling is superb. Much better than strada.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Honda CRV harsh ride