New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Re-upping this thread lang..

I'm now thinking of converting my gen 2 V to LPG.. Because I've been trying to sell my V but the buyers are just ripping me off!! 450k? Thats the going rate of my 2002 Crv.. So forget it i'll keep my car..

ROI wise i think i'll be breaking even in no time. Nowadays my V travels more or less 80 km per day. Thats why I'm thinking of getting my vehicle converted. 2-3k worth of gas per week is just too much for me.

But in the near future. .

Reliability wise after 3-5 more years of use, wont the maintenance of the LPG be an issue?

What if i would really pursue selling my V, would the resale value of the car go lower?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bougartt View Post
    Reliability wise after 3-5 more years of use, wont the maintenance of the LPG be an issue?
    Once a SGI LPG kit is working normally, there shouldn't be much difference in maintenance as if it was running on gasoline.

So far, my own LPG kit has passed two years.

What if i would really pursue selling my V, would the resale value of the car go lower?
    Depends on the buyer, some might like to have an LPG kit already fitted while others would shy away from having an LPG kit in the vehicle.

If in doubt, you can have the LPG kit removed before selling the CRV.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sold my lpg powered civic 3 years ago. wishing i did not sell it. mahal na ng gas ngayon!!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by topgun View Post
    sold my lpg powered civic 3 years ago. wishing i did not sell it. mahal na ng gas ngayon!!
    So what are you driving now?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BMW X5 2010 model

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    sir gh, saan nagkalagay yun spare tire niyo? tia

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer101173 View Post
    sir gh, saan nagkalagay yun spare tire niyo? tia

For the CRV:

Spare tire is hanging on the rear door.

The donut-style LPG fuel tank is under the picnic table (under the cargo floor).

For my car: my spare tire is still in my spare tire well. I am using a cylinder tank.

For other cars using a donut style tank, the spare tire is placed on the deck of the trunk.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Any one here can answer my query. San dapat nakakabit yun dulo ng tube coming from the pressure stabilizer? I dont know what happened but it seems na mispalced yun tube coming from the emulator. My car is Honda CRV 2nd gen. Installed by Greenfuel last May 2008. Thanks

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    fixed links to the pictures on the first post.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12