New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 103 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1220
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    The parts seem cheap for original Honda parts ...

If you call up any Honda casa branch in metro manila and ask prices of those exact parts.. they will tell you the same prices in my bill.. I tried calling last week.. actually Honda casa hose parts are even cheaper than Car Zone near sogo banawe.. for example.. even the steering return hose is cheaper sa casa. Car Zone told me their parts higher than casa because they need to get terms of payments. This is the reason why for hoses and minor parts.. mas ok pagawa casa.. pero for other parts like Water Pump which costs 11,000 in Honda.. simpre mas better get replacement sa Car Zone or other tayler.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by k_leos View Post

Yesterday I got my car from Honda after they repaired the leaking coolant. As shown in the picture above. They replaced all of the following

1. Bypass Hose
    2. Rotary Air Control Valve Outlet Hose
    3. Throttle Body In
    4. some adaptors (3 pcs)
    5. Upper Hose
    6. Lower Hose

What's shocking was that two weeks ago they already replaced the upper and lower hose. Pero they still replaced the brand new 2 week old upper and lower hoses after I complained of more leaks! The old lower and upper hoses they replaced 2 weeks ago were shown in the top part of picture while the brand new lower and upper hoses they put 2 weeks ago were shown in the bottom part of picture. They removed the brand new lower and upper hoses and again replaced with another set of lower and upper hoses yesterday! They forgot they just put new lower and upper hoses 2 weeks ago.

They were supposed to check which component leaked pero they just decided to replace every hoses including the brand new. I thought they have leak checking tools. I don't know if they even have pressure test gauge. I got the car fixed at Honda Yuchengco division.. kasi Honda Phils has Ayala and Yuchengco based outlets. Ayala Honda outlet seems to be more high tech as they have the steering fluid flushing and cleaning machine for example.

In youtube. I saw they test radiator leak by injecting dye and use UV googles what parts leaked.. I asked both of them.. wala sila ganun. This only costs less than $50.

Whatever.. meron pa rin microleak. They said if hindi mawala leak. Sa engine block na sira with possible microcrack inside... so overhaul engine or replace the whole engine. Should this be the case. I'll just sell the 200k worth CRV 2004 Matic.

Ask ko lang. Sino sa inyo naka experience or naka rinig na engine block with leaked coolant. Paano nyo pinagawa? pls share....

btw.. how much usually is surplus crv 2004 engine or replacement (?). Thanks.
    My CRV coolant still leaking after Honda replaced 5 hoses and there are many other hoses that are not yet replaced.. for example, the hose from pressure cap to reservoir, the two hoses from radiator to the automatic transmission and 4 others. So I plan to buy a UV detection kit where you inject dye into the coolant and use UV googles and UV flashlight to detect the leak.

Meron ba service center dito sa metro manila na meron ganyan? wala daw sa Honda casa. Naka use ka na ng ganyan or know others?

see:

Amazon.com: FJC 4972 Fluorescent Leak Detection UV Dye Kit: Automotive

see youtube video how it works:

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    can you see the general location of the leak, or is your coolant level decreasing, and you have no idea how it is exiting?

if your source of leak is a hose, that should not be too difficult to detect, even without special equipment.
    all you have to do, is to look at each and every hose's two ends and the metal they're surrounding, using a strong flashlight. use a dry cloth, if it well help.
    be ready to get all sooted and greased, when you do. looking for leaks, is not for the dandies.

how's the radiator cap, sir? many a time, yun lang pala ang problema. mahirap rin ma-pin down, dahil the coolant evaporates so fast, we don't get to see them accumulate there.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 18th, 2018 at 09:15 AM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    A good engine cleaning will help in detecting the leak ... much cheaper than buying those equipment ...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    can you see the general location of the leak, or is your coolant level decreasing, and you have no idea how it is exiting?
    I can't see the general location of the leak. And remember Honda has jacked it up and they already replaced 5 hoses. The branch I visited is the Yuchengco division.. I'll try visiting Ayala division of Honda this week. But before I do. I need to first trace all components and hoses the coolant are passing from radiator and back to it. Now I'm analyzing the water pump mechanics. It is supposed to be a centrifugal pump. Question.

When a car is parked and not running... is the radiator water (or coolant) pump totally shut that water from the radiator side can't enter the engine or in equilibrium (what's the exact term)? The water pump is a centrifugal pump.. does this totally shut the inlet and outlet from mixing so that when you have a leak in the engine side.. would the radiator water decrease or would it not be affected because the centrifugal pump serves as barrier?

Or for bigger illustration. Supposed all the engine side coolant are gone. Can the radiator water or coolant still be full because the water pump is serving as barrier for any water flow between inlet and outlet?

if your source of leak is a hose, that should not be too difficult to detect, even without special equipment.
    all you have to do, is to look at each and every hose's two ends and the metal they're surrounding, using a strong flashlight. use a dry cloth, if it well help.
    be ready to get all sooted and greased, when you do. looking for leaks, is not for the dandies.

how's the radiator cap, sir? many a time, yun lang pala ang problema. mahirap rin ma-pin down, dahil the coolant evaporates so fast, we don't get to see them accumulate there.
    The radiator and cap was just replaced January original Honda pa costing 13,000 pesos. What you mean the coolant evaporates so fast? in one day for a 250ml coolant.. how many volume would evaporate in 24 hours?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Sir, I also have same car in fact a year older to your car. Even though she's worth less 200K nowadays am still keeping her for good. Served me well through the years...oks...this is what I do to test for leaks on my old cars. Let it warmed up drive thru the village then lined up newspaper in your garage and parked it in idle..Let it run there for a few minutes ( NO AIRCONDITIONING ON, having it on will drip water and could interfere on your objective ). Turn off the engine and wait for about 30 mins or so...observe the spot of markings on the newspaper, from there you would have narrowed your search parts. If no leak or wet spots observed, then my suspect is you have a worned out Cylinder head gasket. Symptoms would be whitish steamy exhaust even on a fully warmed up engine. Cylinder head gasket thru the years can sometimes develop minute crack causing the coolant to pass thru during the intake stroke of the affected cylinder. Cheap to replace in suking Trusted mechanic. I buy my parts sa labas ng casa but original/ genuine parts.

I have only replaced my coolant nung nag 10yr old sya..and will be replacing again this year..10 yrs or 100k km and 5yrs thereafter. All my hoses still not yet replaced which remind me now I need to na then by now she' turning 15yo.
    Last edited by Jiggs; February 19th, 2018 at 09:01 AM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    Sir, I also have same car in fact a year older to your car. Even though she's worth less 200K nowadays am still keeping her for good. Served me well through the years...oks...this is what I do to test for leaks on my old cars. Let it warmed up drive thru the village then lined up newspaper in your garage and parked it in idle..Let it run there for a few minutes ( NO AIRCONDITIONING ON, having it on will drip water and could interfere on your objective ). Turn off the engine and wait for about 30 mins or so...observe the spot of markings on the newspaper, from there you would have narrowed your search parts. If no leak or wet spots observed, then my suspect is you have a worned out Cylinder head gasket. Symptoms would be whitish steamy exhaust even on a fully warmed up engine. Cylinder head gasket thru the years can sometimes develop minute crack causing the coolant to pass thru during the intake stroke of the affected cylinder. Cheap to replace in suking Trusted mechanic. I buy my parts sa labas ng casa but original/ genuine parts.

I have only replaced my coolant nung nag 10yr old sya..and will be replacing again this year..10 yrs or 100k km and 5yrs thereafter. All my hoses still not yet replaced which remind me now I need to na then by now she' turning 15yo.
    Problem is there is so much oil leak the newspaper would be wet by it and drowning any coolant spots. But I'll try.

I just called up Honda Kaloocan now. Labor to replace Cylinder Head gasket is 6,000 pesos. and the gasket itself costs 4,000 pesos. There are other valves gasket daw to replace and usually pag na open engine.. lahat pinapalit costing 30,000 pesos.

So I need to hanap suking mechanic but just the same they must use original part for gasket and it costs much too. Have you heard about intake manifold gasket? any experience?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    I'd like to share some technicals for those having the same problem.

Earlier I was asking if the coolant/water pump which is a centrifugal pump can allow water to pass in either direction when it is not turning. Yes it can.. it's little more than a 'fan' with no valve or seals to impede reverse flow... same with the power steering pump and oil pump.

Now about possible cylinder head gasket problem. There is a way to test daw.

Look daw for hydro carbon gage used to test emission in exhaust tailpipe and test for fuel emission in coolant tank reservoir (see video).

Anyone tried this?

If I'd go to LTO emission testing center and told them to put the sensor at my coolant reservoir (without touching the coolant).. would they do it?

Any service center that can do this test? Honda doesn't have this.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    For those who own a CRV. Favor. If you parked you car overnight without using it and you open the radiator cap.. Do you see the following in the first picture where the coolant is full to the filler neck or the one in the second picture where it is below it (see the gap where it loses about 5cc or 5ml of coolant)? What year model is your CRV?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    nagbabawas ba ang reservoir? white smoke? age? thermostat changed? radiator cap changed? rubber hoses wala damage?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Honda CRV [continued]