New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 101 of 122 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1220
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    water pump replacement is run-of-the-mill for knowledgeable mechanics. i had my (non-honda) water pump replaced by a teen-ager mechanic in one of the shops along pedro gil, in half an hour.
    my relative has a honda. he has an ex-honda mechanic do all his maintenance. (sorry but i do not know this mechanic's contact info.)

i have heard, that history of engine overheat and/or ondoy-ing, do give these "minor" issues from time to time.

i have heard, that banawe is the place to go, to beat the casa blues.
    ok.. I thought kailangan overhaul engine to replace the water pump.. i'll have it done at banawe...

but problem is.. banawe mechanics don't do proper bleeding of the radiator coolant.. when my radiator broke early this year and the Mega Motion mechanics replaced the radiator.. he just put coolant.. he didn't do any bleeding.. Honda said dapat meron bleeding.. mabilis ba mag bleed ng coolant? puwede gawin kahit sino? how did you or anyone does it?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by k_leos View Post
    ok.. I thought kailangan overhaul engine to replace the water pump.. i'll have it done at banawe...

but problem is.. banawe mechanics don't do proper bleeding of the radiator coolant.. when my radiator broke early this year and the Mega Motion mechanics replaced the radiator.. he just put coolant.. he didn't do any bleeding.. Honda said dapat meron bleeding.. mabilis ba mag bleed ng coolant? puwede gawin kahit sino? how did you or anyone does it?
    I am not aware of any bleeding technique for radiator. What I have done is, I simply fill it up with the premixed coolant while the drain plug is partially open. Once I see the coolant spilling, I close it. Then I fill it up until full. With the radiator cap left open, I start the engine and wait until the valve (I think it's called "thermostat") opens. This time, the coolant is now recirculating around the cylinder. That is the time I add again the coolant as much as necessary. I stop the engine and I'm​ done after I refill the reservoir tank to its proper level.

This is what I've seen when I was a kid so I grew up doing this. Kindly correct me if this is a wrong practice.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I am not aware of any bleeding technique for radiator. What I have done is, I simply fill it up with the premixed coolant while the valve is partially open. Once I see the coolant spilling, I close it. Then I fill it up until full. With the radiator cap left open, I start the engine and wait until the valve (I think it's called "thermostat") opens. This time, the coolant is now recirculating around the cylinder. That is the time I add again the coolant as much as necessary. I stop the engine and I'm​ done after I refill the reservoir tank to its proper level.

This is what I've seen when I was a kid so I grew up doing this. Kindly correct me if this is a wrong practice.
    What you described is radiator bleeding.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    What you described is radiator bleeding.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
    So there is really such method... and it is called radiator bleeding. Thank you.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    I brought the CRV with leaking coolant to Honda because I don't want to learn how to bleed radiator and supervise a mechanic who is not familiar with it do it.. because mahirap maka mali

What's leaking is the rotary air control valve outlet hose. It's not upper or lower hose but another hose near the engine. Common failure part ba ito?

I know there are many good mechanico in banawe.. pero when it comes to bleeding air in the brake system, power steering system, and radiator coolant system. what I learnt was some mechanics really don't do it (had experiences in exactly these three). They are experts in replacing parts and would have no problem letting them replace the brake pad or even replace the suspension.. pero when it comes to bleed air.. need casa talaga as it's standard procedure for them to bleed air.

Btw.. ano function ng rotary air control valve outlet hose? Why is radiator coolant entering it? anyone has idea?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by k_leos View Post
    I brought the CRV with leaking coolant to Honda because I don't want to learn how to bleed radiator and supervise a mechanic who is not familiar with it do it.. because mahirap maka mali

What's leaking is the rotary air control valve outlet hose. It's not upper or lower hose but another hose near the engine. Common failure part ba ito?

I know there are many good mechanico in banawe.. pero when it comes to bleeding air in the brake system, power steering system, and radiator coolant system. what I learnt was some mechanics really don't do it (had experiences in exactly these three). They are experts in replacing parts and would have no problem letting them replace the brake pad or even replace the suspension.. pero when it comes to bleed air.. need casa talaga as it's standard procedure for them to bleed air.

Btw.. ano function ng rotary air control valve outlet hose? Why is radiator coolant entering it? anyone has idea?
    Wala naman special knowledge to the bleed Power steering. Just turn it left to right and vice versa mag bleed na automatic and i never heard radiiatoe bleeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    *k_leos

thats the good thing in Tsikot forum you can get second opinion sa mga tao dito and most of us here has some experience sa repair ng cars and maintenance so you can really learn a lot, and most have old cars that they maintain by their own.

Just a word of advice, don't believe in all what casa is telling you, their term and processes. sadly most of them just want your money, but it's up to you. its your money to burn. and yun mga repair shops sa labas, of course not all of them are perfect minsan sablay din pero you can save a lot compare sa casa.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    It's coolant flushing ...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2016

Yesterday I got my car from Honda after they repaired the leaking coolant. As shown in the picture above. They replaced all of the following

1. Bypass Hose
    2. Rotary Air Control Valve Outlet Hose
    3. Throttle Body In
    4. some adaptors (3 pcs)
    5. Upper Hose
    6. Lower Hose

What's shocking was that two weeks ago they already replaced the upper and lower hose. Pero they still replaced the brand new 2 week old upper and lower hoses after I complained of more leaks! The old lower and upper hoses they replaced 2 weeks ago were shown in the top part of picture while the brand new lower and upper hoses they put 2 weeks ago were shown in the bottom part of picture. They removed the brand new lower and upper hoses and again replaced with another set of lower and upper hoses yesterday! They forgot they just put new lower and upper hoses 2 weeks ago.

They were supposed to check which component leaked pero they just decided to replace every hoses including the brand new. I thought they have leak checking tools. I don't know if they even have pressure test gauge. I got the car fixed at Honda Yuchengco division.. kasi Honda Phils has Ayala and Yuchengco based outlets. Ayala Honda outlet seems to be more high tech as they have the steering fluid flushing and cleaning machine for example.

In youtube. I saw they test radiator leak by injecting dye and use UV googles what parts leaked.. I asked both of them.. wala sila ganun. This only costs less than $50.

Whatever.. meron pa rin microleak. They said if hindi mawala leak. Sa engine block na sira with possible microcrack inside... so overhaul engine or replace the whole engine. Should this be the case. I'll just sell the 200k worth CRV 2004 Matic.

Ask ko lang. Sino sa inyo naka experience or naka rinig na engine block with leaked coolant. Paano nyo pinagawa? pls share....

btw.. how much usually is surplus crv 2004 engine or replacement (?). Thanks.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i am curious, it seems to me that your car has many issues.
    are you the original owner of your crv, or did you purchase it from someone else?

Honda CRV [continued]