New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 100 of 122 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1220
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by k_leos View Post
    I checked the clamps.. wala naman leak doon. Honda casa installed the hoses.. I saw liquid at floor below engine. Honda said they have machine that can check the source of leak daw.. for 1600 pesos diagnostic fee.. any idea ano klaseng machine ito? hindi ko daw makita machine. Monday ko pa pasok car pero in case meron kayo idea saan sa engine meron leak.. let me know so at least alam ko other possible sources ng leak.
    Take a picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I checked the clamps.. wala naman leak doon. Honda casa installed the hoses.. I saw liquid at floor below engine. Honda said they have machine that can check the source of leak daw.. for 1600 pesos diagnostic fee.. any idea ano klaseng machine ito? hindi ko daw makita machine. Monday ko pa pasok car pero in case meron kayo idea saan sa engine meron leak.. let me know so at least alam ko other possible sources ng leak.
    They have the machine lifter and eyes. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    May I know when was the last time you replaced the timing belt? If I'm not mistaken, you also replace the water pump together with the timing belt. If you didn't replace it, most probably that is the source of leak.
    is the timing belt the same as the serpentine belt? I replace serpentine belt yearly because there is always leak at power steering pump dati and the liquid corrodes the belt so Honda told me to replace it (they just did 2 weeks ago)..

you mean water pump ng radiator coolant? saan location ng water pump? is it inside or below the engine?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    If I'm not mistaken, serpentine belt is different​ from timing belt. Timing belt is inside and this also drives the water pump (yes, for your radiator coolant) inside aside from its main function of "timing" the opening and closing of valves. The serpentine belt drives the alternator, steering pump, and others.

What I have is CR-V 98 and this one doesn't come with a serpentine belt. Most probably is that we have a different set-up.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    in the olden days, engines may have 2 or even 3 belts in front of it, to drive the various appliances.
    in more recent years, only one, very long, belt, would run these various appliances. and because the long belt runs above and below the various pulleys, it has gained the garage term "serpentine", dahil parang ahas na pasok-labas sa traffic.

the water pump is not easy to access. when it is older, many mechanics recommend its replacement when the engine is opened, not because it needs replacement then and there, but because the engine is already conveniently open.

the vast majority of timing belts are hidden inside the engine's front by a timing belt cover.

TS, your crv appears to have so many ills, as gleaned from your various comments here. might i ask, how long has it been with you, po?
    Last edited by dr. d; February 10th, 2018 at 10:05 AM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Well explained, the one I'd like to point out earlier but failed to do.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    in the olden days, engines may have 2 or even 3 belts in front of it, to drive the various appliances.
    in more recent years, only one, very long, belt, would run these various appliances. and because the long belt runs above and below the various pulleys, it has gained the garage term "serpentine", dahil parang ahas na pasok-labas sa traffic.

the water pump is not easy to access. when it is older, many mechanics recommend its replacement when the engine is opened, not because it needs replacement then and there, but because the engine is already conveniently open.

the vast majority of timing belts are hidden inside the engine's front by a timing belt cover.

TS, your crv appears to have so many ills, as gleaned from your various comments here. might i ask, how long has it been with you, po?
    My truck even has dual belt driving 1 load. Hehe! Well I guess quality of the belts also improved over the years.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Well explained, the one I'd like to point out earlier but failed to do.
    it's a team effort, sir.
    we give each other a hand.
    you opened the door. someone else does the rest.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

Crv 2004 sa akin made in Thailand with 85,000 kilometer mileage.. malas ata or lemon mga parts ng model ko.. I heard 1st gen CRV are mas matibay...

Anyway.. after talking further wit multiple Honda service advisors.. they will just do pressure test of some kind.. I don't know if they will introduce pressure to the radiator or will just measure the pressure (which one is correct?) and look for leak. But whatever, very plausible culprit is the water pump daw.. now I asked the parts department.. it costs 10,000 pesos! But I found store selling original water pump for 4,500 lang.. problem is. How hard it is to replace the water pump.. can any service center do it? kasi if I bring the outside bought water pump to Honda.. they will charge me 30% handling additional to 1300 pesos labor.. so I deciding where to have it replaced should this be the cause. The leak is right below engine and not on radiator or any of the hoses.. last sunday when i went to sm aura and waze gave me wrong direction (sa likod daw parking) and u-turn is far ahead. I lost about a 500ml of coolant just that that trip. When parked.. not much come out so kunti lang wet sa floor baba ng engine .. only during driving.. I have appointment with them on Monday 8am.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Crv 2004 sa akin made in Thailand with 85,000 kilometer mileage.. malas ata or lemon mga parts ng model ko.. I heard 1st gen CRV are mas matibay...

Anyway.. after talking further wit multiple Honda service advisors.. they will just do pressure test of some kind.. I don't know if they will introduce pressure to the radiator or will just measure the pressure (which one is correct?) and look for leak. But whatever, very plausible culprit is the water pump daw.. now I asked the parts department.. it costs 10,000 pesos! But I found store selling original water pump for 4,500 lang.. problem is. How hard it is to replace the water pump.. can any service center do it? kasi if I bring the outside bought water pump to Honda.. they will charge me 30% handling additional to 1300 pesos labor.. so I deciding where to have it replaced should this be the cause. The leak is right below engine and not on radiator or any of the hoses.. last sunday when i went to sm aura and waze gave me wrong direction (sa likod daw parking) and u-turn is far ahead. I lost about a 500ml of coolant just that that trip. When parked.. not much come out so kunti lang wet sa floor baba ng engine .. only during driving.. I have appointment with them on Monday 8am.
    water pump replacement is run-of-the-mill for knowledgeable mechanics. i had my (non-honda) water pump replaced by a teen-ager mechanic in one of the shops along pedro gil, in half an hour.
    my relative has a honda. he has an ex-honda mechanic do all his maintenance. (sorry but i do not know this mechanic's contact info.)

i have heard, that history of engine overheat and/or ondoy-ing, do give these "minor" issues from time to time.

i have heard, that banawe is the place to go, to beat the casa blues.

Honda CRV [continued]