New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 98 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    I need to know something urgent about adding coolant in the radiator...

I just read now in the manual while reviewing it that "The coolant should always be a mixture of 50 percent antifreeze and 50 percent water. Never add straight antifreeze or plain water".

Well. About 2 or 3 weeks ago. My radiator had all the coolant flow down a hole below (not hose).. I saw steam while driving at araneta.. tapus tinabi ko sa side of road. Wala na coolant because of the hole (even when I added water, bumababa lang sa hole). So I went to banawe to call a mechanic na puwede maka punta sa araneta. I asked Mega Motion in banawe for a mechanic to go with me to araneta. They have fewer customers because their prices are double that of others kaya vacant mechanic nila. After the mechanic saw my car.. sira na radiator unit so I bought a new one at casa for 13,000 and told me to buy 4 liters of honda coolant. After nakabit nya. He added all the coolant without mixing with water. So I may have pure coolant now. When the hoses were replaced.. they just recycled the coolant thinking baka mixed with water na.

Question. What would happen if pure coolant (or antifreeze) linagay mo sa radiator sa car??

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by k_leos View Post
    I need to know something urgent about adding coolant in the radiator...

I just read now in the manual while reviewing it that "The coolant should always be a mixture of 50 percent antifreeze and 50 percent water. Never add straight antifreeze or plain water".

Well. About 2 or 3 weeks ago. My radiator had all the coolant flow down a hole below (not hose).. I saw steam while driving at araneta.. tapus tinabi ko sa side of road. Wala na coolant because of the hole (even when I added water, bumababa lang sa hole). So I went to banawe to call a mechanic na puwede maka punta sa araneta. I asked Mega Motion in banawe for a mechanic to go with me to araneta. They have fewer customers because their prices are double that of others kaya vacant mechanic nila. After the mechanic saw my car.. sira na radiator unit so I bought a new one at casa for 13,000 and told me to buy 4 liters of honda coolant. After nakabit nya. He added all the coolant without mixing with water. So I may have pure coolant now. When the hoses were replaced.. they just recycled the coolant thinking baka mixed with water na.

Question. What would happen if pure coolant (or antifreeze) linagay mo sa radiator sa car??
    Pre mixed na ang coolant ng honda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Pre mixed na ang coolant ng honda.

good.. para less problem to think...

I'm analyzing Vtec operation to decide what would happen if hindi ko pina ayus yun solenoid leak... it says : VTEC - Wikipedia

"At the switch point a solenoid is actuated that allows oil pressure from a spool valve to operate a locking pin which binds the high RPM rocker arm to the low RPM ones. From this point on, the valves open and close according to the high-lift profile, which opens the valve further and for a longer time."

According to a Honda manila service advistor, ma affected ang pressure if meron leak sa solenoid.. while a Honda kalookan service advisor said hindi naman ma affected ang oil pressure. Sino tama?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Yesterday I spent over an hour talking to 4 different Honda branches. Kasi one of them mentioned I have "Spool Valve Strainer Leak". I don't know the location of this so I asked the Honda service advisors how it differed to the "Vtec Solenoid Oring Leak". Most of them mentioned how the spool valve strainer is above the engine while the solenoid is below daw of separate units. I googled a lot and getting confused.. I even talked to their parts department, fortunately.. One of the saleman told me the Spool Valve Strainer is inside the Vtec Solenoid then I realized what they meant. Also because one branch said I had leak, while another branch said I didn't have leak. I want to see for myself and still checking out the car.

This is called a VTEC Solenoid Spool Valve unit... some advisors thought the spool valve was another unit in the engine maybe because there are many spool valves inside the engine..

The following is called a Spool Valve Strainer

now my questions

1. I know the solenoid functions to allow oil pressure from the spool valve inside the same unit (I thought nasa labas) to operate a locking pin which binds the high RPM rocker arm to the low RPM ones. Is the source of the oil the same where the engine pumped it around the different valves, piston, etc.?

2. According to the advisors. If I fixed it.. the leaks in the other parts like shalf would get stronger kasi more pressure na daw....

3. I'm not sure if the leak really came from the Solenoid. Ano symptoms if meron leak dito? I saw the Driveshalf boot wet below pero the boot is not directly below the Solenoid.. so maybe from other causes?

4. How could the Spool Valve Strainer only costs 50 pesos? Maybe you are referring to the O-ring??

5. Lastly.. in the picture above of the Solenoid.. if it is not actuated.. what part of the 3 compartment the oil stays under pressure so I'd know if the leak only occurs when it is actuated or during standby too.

Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Sino mga expert sa leak dito (or kahit not so expert)... (see above descriptions).. please help me trace the leak.. the following pictures are from top to bottom of the Honda CRV 04 matic.....

So, does the leak come from above? What is in the corner of the engine above that can produce the leak?

Or is it in the Solenoid?

What do you think?

Honda casa will charge me 2k to fix solenoid labor and parts and I have to leave it 5 hours tomorrow or Monday morning because there are many in lineups and he said there are sensors that must be disabled before removing the solenoid.

If the leak is not in the solenoid but above then I'd not fix it muna because it will all cost about 23k..

Thank you!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Parehas tayo naging problema. Dalawa pinalitan sa unit ko because of oil leak. Isa ung solenoid spool valve strainer. Tumitigas daw ung rubber ring seal in due time and eventually the rubber seal could no longer hold the oil press thus the leak will happen. Meron pa isang rubber seal (o-ring) na pinalitan adjacent sa solenoid spool valve.

Isinabay ko na din palit ng mga o-ring sa power steering pump because of oil leak din. One thing bad sa design ng CRV2002 model ay ung position ng alternator. Kasi it is placed right below the power steering pump. Kaya kung may leak sa power steering pump ay sa alternator ang bagsak tsaka dun sa v-belt transmission line. Huh! what a mess.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    How many times na napalitan ang mga radiator fan motor ng mga honda cars ninyo? Ako mga 4 times na. Nasisira every 3 years. Mag sira na anytime this year. Meron sa inyo na 10 yrs na and hindi pa sila fan motor? What honda cars do you have?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    How many times na napalitan ang mga radiator fan motor ng mga honda cars ninyo? Ako mga 4 times na. Nasisira every 3 years. Mag sira na anytime this year. Meron sa inyo na 10 yrs na and hindi pa sila fan motor? What honda cars do you have?
    3.5 years na yung City ko pero ok pa naman rad fan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sino mga expert sa leak dito (or kahit not so expert)... (see above descriptions).. please help me trace the leak.. the following pictures are from top to bottom of the Honda CRV 04 matic.....

So, does the leak come from above? What is in the corner of the engine above that can produce the leak?

Or is it in the Solenoid?

What do you think?

Honda casa will charge me 2k to fix solenoid labor and parts and I have to leave it 5 hours tomorrow or Monday morning because there are many in lineups and he said there are sensors that must be disabled before removing the solenoid.

If the leak is not in the solenoid but above then I'd not fix it muna because it will all cost about 23k..

Thank you!
    Pa engine wash ka muna para mawala malinis Then makikita mo kung saan talaga galing.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sir ang unit ko honda crv 2002 model. Nov.2017 lang ako nagpalit ng radiator fan motor dahil sa stuck-up bearing. Buti napansin ko agad ung engine temp dahan dahan umakyat kaya pinatay ko agad AC unit at naiwasan ko magoverheat ang engine. Ung condenser fan motor minsan lang ako nagpalit yr2015

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Honda CRV [continued]