New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 81 of 122 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Hi, thinking of buying a CRV, but I heard that they might be coming out with all new models next year since it's already been announced in the US. Is this true?

Regardless of the next model, do you think it's currently worth buying given cash discounts?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by intoxic8 View Post
    Hi,

Confirm ko lang. Mas matipid sa gas ang 2.0 vs 2.4 city driving right?

I'm looking forward to buy a 2008 CRV, either 2.0 or 2.4.

Mostly city driving lang.
    Sorry for the late reply. Yes, the 2.0 should be more fuel efficient for city driving. I find it adequate too for highway drives, but I am sure the 2.4 should be better in that aspect. Either way, I think the 2.0 should fulfil your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by bert1223 View Post
    Hi, thinking of buying a CRV, but I heard that they might be coming out with all new models next year since it's already been announced in the US. Is this true?

Regardless of the next model, do you think it's currently worth buying given cash discounts?

Thank you for putting that up. I actually thought they would take longer to launch the new generation since they just gave the current one a minor refresh. Based on the sources, there really will be a new generation coming up very soon. It has yet to be launched in the US, but expect us to follow a couple of months or so after the US launch, with minor modifications for the Asian market.

With regard to buying the current generation, that is really up to you. You can think of it this way; the last version of any generation should be the most reliable, and that brand new launches tend to have issues that they will eventually fix out as time goes by. If you already want an already proven and reliable car, get the current generation. I mean, if the current one already fits your needs (and maybe even wants), there is no need to wait. However, if you highly value having the newest version and the latest technology in a CR-V, get the next generation. But be prepared to experience possible minor issues that may come up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006

How long are you willing to wait? It's quite unlikely that a new CRV will be out within 2016. Not even the US has it yet. They don't offer large discounts for the current CRV because the new one isn't arriving anytime soon to our shores.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by MD888 View Post
    With regard to buying the current generation, that is really up to you. You can think of it this way; the last version of any generation should be the most reliable, and that brand new launches tend to have issues that they will eventually fix out as time goes by. If you already want an already proven and reliable car, get the current generation. I mean, if the current one already fits your needs (and maybe even wants), there is no need to wait. However, if you highly value having the newest version and the latest technology in a CR-V, get the next generation. But be prepared to experience possible minor issues that may come up.
    That's an interesting way of looking at it. I'm also thinking new models would come out with higher prices too... This makes me more open to buying current models.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    How long are you willing to wait? It's quite unlikely that a new CRV will be out within 2016. Not even the US has it yet. They don't offer large discounts for the current CRV because the new one isn't arriving anytime soon to our shores.

Hmm, hoping to buy a replacement for my current car in the next few weeks, I'm also a bit concerned with possible changes to color coding and car plate policies that might adversely affect my capability to choose plate ending. So, while special plates are still available, I want to purchase the car already.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Hmm, hoping to buy a replacement for my current car in the next few weeks, I'm also a bit concerned with possible changes to color coding and car plate policies that might adversely affect my capability to choose plate ending. So, while special plates are still available, I want to purchase the car already.

In that case, you might as well go for it. You can never go wrong with a Honda CR-V anyway. It is as practical as it gets in its class. Just go easy on the gas and you can surely get decent fuel consumption.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Thank you sir. I think I might just push through with it.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Hi! First time buyer of a car. Just a quick question regarding buying (I know you heard this question a lot of times). Which is better for your hard earned cash, to buy a new CRV 2.0S 2016 or an older CRV model (2011-2015). Right now I dont want to pay for the whole price of the car but my budget can go up to 600K. I might sell the brand new CRV after 8 yrs and for the 2nd hand after 5 yrs. Which will be the best option of the two? Depreciation and resale value.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dairyman1983 View Post
    Hi! First time buyer of a car. Just a quick question regarding buying (I know you heard this question a lot of times). Which is better for your hard earned cash, to buy a new CRV 2.0S 2016 or an older CRV model (2011-2015). Right now I dont want to pay for the whole price of the car but my budget can go up to 600K. I might sell the brand new CRV after 8 yrs and for the 2nd hand after 5 yrs. Which will be the best option of the two? Depreciation and resale value.
    The used one of course. As long as you find a unit in good condition, you're basically getting the same car but at almost half the price. Gas-fed CUVs depreciate quickly in the secondhand market. A used CRV of that age will be at around 800-900k only.

After 8 years, the 1.5M you pay for the new CRV can only be sold for about 600-700k, so you lose 800-900k in value.

In 5 years, the CRV that you bought for 850k could still be sold for 500-600k so you only lose 250-350k in value which is obviously much, much more practical.

Personally I'd only consider buying new if it's a car plan (where you have no choice), or if it's a car that you've fallen head over heels for and want it now.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Personally I'd only consider buying new if it's a car plan (where you have no choice), or if it's a car that you've fallen head over heels for and want it now.

Which is what happens every time a new model comes out (for those with low EQ) ...

Honda CRV [continued]