New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 75 of 122 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditlew View Post
    Hi po sa lahat. A friend of mine is selling his 2007 crv. Price is 470k at 70k km . Sa tingin nyo po ba, this is a good offer? And would you recommend me buying this? Salamats!
    It really depends on your needs. If you do not need a third row of seats, the CR-V should be more than enough in terms of space and comfort. You should check more than the mileage though. Evaluate any history of repairs, maintenance, etc to be extra sure. I am sure your friend would be willing to provide those documents/information for you. Knowing Honda though, it should have had only minimal problems as long as it was properly cared for.

Is this a 4x2 or 4x4? I think it is a decent price, especially if it is a 4x4. Some people are also put off by the fuel economy (5-8 km/l in the city, 9-11 km/l on the highway). But if you are okay with that, you are assured a smooth and quiet gasoline SUV.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by MD888 View Post
    It really depends on your needs. If you do not need a third row of seats, the CR-V should be more than enough in terms of space and comfort. You should check more than the mileage though. Evaluate any history of repairs, maintenance, etc to be extra sure. I am sure your friend would be willing to provide those documents/information for you. Knowing Honda though, it should have had only minimal problems as long as it was properly cared for.

Is this a 4x2 or 4x4? I think it is a decent price, especially if it is a 4x4. Some people are also put off by the fuel economy (5-8 km/l in the city, 9-11 km/l on the highway). But if you are okay with that, you are assured a smooth and quiet gasoline SUV.
    Its 4x2. Good to know na given 8yrs old na yung model pero it's still good to buy. Accordingly, it's well maintained but hihingan ko pa din ang records for sure. And try ko din pababain pa to maybe 450k. Hehe! Salamat sa reply.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Guys need some help and info na din.
    I have honda crv 2003 gen2 matic siya gusto ko malaman ilang liters of oil pag change oil niya. 4 liters ba or 5 liters? Saka anu sukat ng oil filter niya? Un sa spark plug na din at air filter un nasa makina.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Hello everyone! Explain to me like I'm 5. my dad wants to buy a pre owned Honda CRV 2003 2nd Gen. He wants me to research things about it. I don't know where to start. Ano yung RD? 2.0? Vtec? Iba't ibang klase po ba ito? Also, tipid ba sa gas? What things should we consider once buying? Thanks guys for any help/

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by akopalasiJoan View Post
    Hello everyone! Explain to me like I'm 5. my dad wants to buy a pre owned Honda CRV 2003 2nd Gen. He wants me to research things about it. I don't know where to start. Ano yung RD? 2.0? Vtec? Iba't ibang klase po ba ito? Also, tipid ba sa gas? What things should we consider once buying? Thanks guys for any help/
    Parang mas mahirap lalo pag 5 years old mo explain 'to

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan19 View Post
    Guys need some help and info na din.
    I have honda crv 2003 gen2 matic siya gusto ko malaman ilang liters of oil pag change oil niya. 4 liters ba or 5 liters? Saka anu sukat ng oil filter niya? Un sa spark plug na din at air filter un nasa makina.
    Its 5L, chk the dip stick, it must be a little bit below the F line. About the oil filter, just tell your local autosupply its for a crv, i bought iridiums at denso, they are the ones thats installed the plugs

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by akopalasiJoan View Post
    Had one, AT was gas guzzler, 4-5kms/L city driving, underpowered, tranny sucks

8. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    Had one, AT was gas guzzler, 4-5kms/L city driving, underpowered, tranny sucks
    I have the second generation post-facelift version, and I find the power decent. The key really is to be rev happy with it. That way, you can get it to VTEC and get the power found in the higher rev ranges. That is the way most Honda engines are built anyway, so I personally see no reason to complain too much about fuel economy. If you want to get 7-8 km/l though, you have to be light on the throttle. I usually do not go over 2250 rpm when I try to be efficient, and it usually ends up in me being overtaken more often. But if you want more power, rev it up to 4000 rpm or so and you will be fine. Just be prepared to get 5-6 km/l from it. I have no issues with the transmission whatsoever, aside from the fact that it lacks gears compared to the one found in the succeeding generations. I am personally on the side hoping that they do not bring the CVT transmission here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Hehe, sorry Reddit linggo lang, I meant, wala kasi ako alam about it so if someone can maybe give me a rundown on things and make it simple, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for the reply/

10. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    RD - i think is kung what generation sya (kung 2.0 2nd generation crv sya na narelease 2002-2005)
    VTEC - i think is what honda calls the technology they put in the engine, kumbaga sa mitsubishi MIVEC

please feel free to correct me fellow members if im wrong

good to see a fellow redditor here :D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

RD - i think is kung what generation sya (kung 2.0 2nd generation crv sya na narelease 2002-2005)
    VTEC - i think is what honda calls the technology they put in the engine, kumbaga sa mitsubishi MIVEC

please feel free to correct me fellow members if im wrong

good to see a fellow redditor here :D

Honda CRV [continued]