New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 77 of 105 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Well if hope ganun na nga but no, I cant wait for another 6 month though This coming month I should decide na which of the 2 units (SF or CRV) ang kukunin ko. Both thread was carefully monitored naman. I will post here again if CRV wins to me. Thanks again and regards

Quote Originally Posted by rpacis View Post
    Either they're all satisfied and my experiences were merely isolated ones, or... I dunno... If you can wait for six months then I can let you know if I experience the same problem again... he he he...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    hello... i'm a new guy here... my name is bryan... my dad has a 2001 honda crv... ung 1st gen... i think that's what he'll give me... do you think it's nice..?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ei... mganda po b 1st gen crv..?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1023 View Post
    ei... mganda po b 1st gen crv..?
    Ah, sorry. I never had any experiences with the 1st gen CRV.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Honestly Sir, for me, that 1st Gen CRV is the best because of its performance lalu na yung pagka all-wheel-drive (AWD) nya! Lakas humatak! Sarap pang Baguio!

I had my share of using it for two years when it was still new in the market, then I sold it and got the 2nd Gen CRV. The 2nd Gen CRV nakaka disappoint kase kapag nakasubok ka na nung power nung unang CRV, mararamdaman mo ang change in power and performance! Nagsisi nga ako at binenta ko pa! Bad trip pa nun nalaman ko na binenta rin nung pinagbentahan ko at kumita pa sya ng 50K!

Get it Sir! Sulit yan! Siguro you can just have it repainted or "Hilamos" para lumabas ulit ganda nyan.. Daming sumasaling mga ganyan sa carshow.. Ang gaganda pa rin!

Quote Originally Posted by 1023 View Post
    hello... i'm a new guy here... my name is bryan... my dad has a 2001 honda crv... ung 1st gen... i think that's what he'll give me... do you think it's nice..?
    Last edited by LadyRider; November 1st, 2008 at 09:07 AM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I disagree when you say the 1st generation is powerful. The 3rd generation is the best & most powerful CRV. A friend of mine bought the 1st generation crv when it 1st came out in the states. i was still living there too at that time. When we go on the freeway it was so slow. You had to step on the gas to the maximun point. It was so sluggish.
    Anyway, on the 3rd generation CRV 2008 model w/c I have, all I can say is im happy w/ my purchase. I've had it for around 6 months now. Very comfortable, power is acceptable, looks amazing. The best CRV ever!!!!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    The CR-V 4x2 has a 2.0l engine, which is said to consume gasoline aggressively and based on experience as well as research, it is a little bit lacking on power esp. torque.

Its a shame, in the US, even 4x2 models get the 2.4l engine and the drive-by-wire feature as standard.

Imho, its nor worth getting the 4x4 since the main difference between it and the 4x2 would be: leather seats, front bumper garnish, 2.4l engine w/ drive-by-wire, and the AWD, all for Php 200K more. The AWD system is really inferior compared to the competition's, ie. Nissan X-Trail.
    I disagree with your comment. for only 200K you get leather seats, front bumper garnish, 2.4l engine w/ drive-by-wire, and the AWD. What more can you ask for that small amount of money? Thats a bargain. Also how can you say the AWD is inferior to xtrail? Just by reading? Do you have first hand experience w/ these vehicles? Do you own both vehicles to compare? Did you try to go offroading w/ both vehicles to compare their AWD system?

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Well, each his own... Happy ako noon sa 1st gen ko eh kaya nasabi ko... I got tired of two CRVs kaya I switched to a Hyundai Sta. Fe....
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo168 View Post
    I disagree when you say the 1st generation is powerful. The 3rd generation is the best & most powerful CRV. A friend of mine bought the 1st generation crv when it 1st came out in the states. i was still living there too at that time. When we go on the freeway it was so slow. You had to step on the gas to the maximun point. It was so sluggish.
    Anyway, on the 3rd generation CRV 2008 model w/c I have, all I can say is im happy w/ my purchase. I've had it for around 6 months now. Very comfortable, power is acceptable, looks amazing. The best CRV ever!!!!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo168 View Post
    The configuration of the units released here in Asia is different from the ones in the US, and this is common for all Japanese and even American cars. I drove the 1st generation CRV back when it first came out here in the Philippines and it was indeed more powerful than the 3rd generation that I own right now.

So as far as driving the two models here in the Philippines (Philippine traffic, Philippine road conditions and what not), the 1st generation beats the 3rd generation as far as I am concerned.

Then again, perception is relative.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    well thanks po for all of your replies... at first.. i didn't expect that i'll be noticed here.. hehe... tnx po tlg... i got addicted kc s cars kc e... i think it started this august lng... anyway... ung 1st gen namin n crv... every year tlga pinapacheck... kaya aun... i think mgiging maayus naman... sabi ko nga sa dad ko.. kahit lumipas ang matagal na panahon.. di ko papalitan ung crv n un...ang ganda kasi talaga ng performance... dati nagkaproblem un e.. nagiingay lage ung fanbelt tuwing isastart namin... pero naaus naman na...