New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 76 of 105 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    For the 2007/2008 2.0 MT CRV owners,

Has anyone encountered a problem with any of the transmission-related parts (e.g. clutch, etc.) acting up and failing on you within a year since you got the vehicle? I had to get my unit's clutch plate, clutch assembly and lining replaced recently (the unit spent 3 weeks at the dealer) due to corrosion. At first, the SA told me that it may not be covered by the warranty because it was a "consumable" part, but they eventually got it approved.

Anybody with the same problem? What prompted me to get it checked was the frequent hesitation-like behavior whenever I start accelerating from a full-stop position. It was a bit of a pain in the neck especially when caught in the middle of a traffic jam (e.g. EDSA).

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Oppps?

1st choice ko ang CRV M/T over SF CRDI. Having this kind of problem is not a good sign for potential buyer like me. Hopefully, mag post ang ibang tsikoter about their 2008 CRV M/T tungkol dito.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by trackers888 View Post
    Oppps?

1st choice ko ang CRV M/T over SF CRDI. Having this kind of problem is not a good sign for potential buyer like me. Hopefully, mag post ang ibang tsikoter about their 2008 CRV M/T tungkol dito.
    It could be a rare case of getting a defective unit to begin with. Ilang beses na ako bingo sa unit na nakuha ko. I asked the SA if there were any other cases like mine and he said no. I suppose the fact that they had to ship a spare part(s) from Thailand is proof that they have not encountered this problem yet, or rarely....

But then again, maybe it's because they ran out of stock of the said part because of all the replacements that they had to make for other units... he he he...

Any thoughts from the 2.0 MT owners out there? Just to add some detail, I had mine for less than 6 months, and right now it's at 7k km. The problem started to manifest itself around 3 months after I got the unit.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanms View Post
    (Pictures removed)

Meron po ba sa mga CRV owners dito na nag pa install ng 3rd row seat kagaya ng nasa picture? Sa mga meron san at magkano po pag pa install ng ganyan, thanks.
    Yung seat height ba mas mataas kesa as stock na 3rd row seat? O yung headrest lang ba ang pinagkaiba?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rpacis View Post
    It could be a rare case of getting a defective unit to begin with. Ilang beses na ako bingo sa unit na nakuha ko. I asked the SA if there were any other cases like mine and he said no. I suppose the fact that they had to ship a spare part(s) from Thailand is proof that they have not encountered this problem yet, or rarely....

But then again, maybe it's because they ran out of stock of the said part because of all the replacements that they had to make for other units... he he he...

Any thoughts from the 2.0 MT owners out there? Just to add some detail, I had mine for less than 6 months, and right now it's at 7k km. The problem started to manifest itself around 3 months after I got the unit.
    Thanks for that info rpacis, malas naman pala ng matatapatan ng unit na yun Hindi ako swerte sa bingo BTW, kindly post your experience about your CRV, i.e, most specially yung FC.

Thanks again

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for that info rpacis, malas naman pala ng matatapatan ng unit na yun Hindi ako swerte sa bingo BTW, kindly post your experience about your CRV, i.e, most specially yung FC.

Thanks again
    Apart from the problems with the transmission and the clicking noise, eto ang mga observations ko:

1. FC for city driving is between 10 - 11km/L. I rarely go beyond 2.5k rpm, except when driving along the highway at 100km/h.
    2. Acceleration is a little weak, but I suppose that's because of my driving style (maximum fuel efficiency, don't care about the off-the line-speed)
    3. Vibrations are lesser than expected (from an SUV)

That's about it. Are you interested in any particular information?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Apart from the problems with the transmission and the clicking noise, eto ang mga observations ko:

1. FC for city driving is between 10 - 11km/L. I rarely go beyond 2.5k rpm, except when driving along the highway at 100km/h.
    2. Acceleration is a little weak, but I suppose that's because of my driving style (maximum fuel efficiency, don't care about the off-the line-speed)
    3. Vibrations are lesser than expected (from an SUV)

That's about it. Are you interested in any particular information?
    Hi there, thanks for the input! Yes I'm interested on the FC and other issue you mention. Sana mag post din ibang 08 CRV MT user.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi there, thanks for the input! Yes I'm interested on the FC and other issue you mention. Sana mag post din ibang 08 CRV MT user.
    Oh, and I should note that making a fairly sharp turn at 40km/h is not as smooth compared to a car. Of course! I just remembered it this morning on the way to work... Rude awakening... he he he...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Oh, and I should note that making a fairly sharp turn at 40km/h is not as smooth compared to a car. Of course! I just remembered it this morning on the way to work... Rude awakening... he he he...
    Thanks again! Tanung ko lang, bakit parang hindi active ang Honda CRV thread? Hirap tuloy ako magdecide, parang ayaw nilang mag comment? I'm sure maraming may CRV 08 M/T na tsikoters? No offense, pero pansin ko lang?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks again! Tanung ko lang, bakit parang hindi active ang Honda CRV thread? Hirap tuloy ako magdecide, parang ayaw nilang mag comment? I'm sure maraming may CRV 08 M/T na tsikoters? No offense, pero pansin ko lang?
    Either they're all satisfied and my experiences were merely isolated ones, or... I dunno... If you can wait for six months then I can let you know if I experience the same problem again... he he he...