New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    [SIZE=4]hi everyone [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]please give me your comments, suggestions or experiences regarding lowering the 2003 crv using lowering springs. does it improve the ride? what springs do you recommend?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]THANKS (^.^) [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lowering (almost any car) will make the ride worse, since there will be less vertical play to dampen shocks

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    thanks for your reply

but you see, my crv is the 10 seater version and i heard that lowering springs do soften the ride since the current springs are to accommodate 10 people of load.

pls enlighten me ^^; thanks

if you want to make your ride softer, get softer springs, lowering springs tend to be more stiff than OEM springs, so stiffer springs = harsher ride.

If you get softer springs, your cars handling will sufer because there is more bodyroll but you'll get a more comfy ride, Get stiffer springs, handling will improve, ride quality will suffer so there is a trade off.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, lowering springs would be less stiff than the 10-seater springs in the rear, while stiffer in front. But you shouldn't mix and match, as that would upset the stance of your vehicle.

It's the same case with Fortuner lowering springs... they're less stiff in the rear because the stock springs are extremely heavy duty.

Just get the entire rear set for the non-10-seater version... that'll cure your problem.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    [SIZE=3]thank you for your replies guys[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]so if i buy the 5-seater springs set, that would already improve the ride? do i need to change anything else other than the spring to improve the ride or will the springs alone do?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]THANKS AGAIN ! [/SIZE]

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The springs alone should do.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by playah.playah View Post
    [SIZE=3]thank you for your replies guys[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]so if i buy the 5-seater springs set, that would already improve the ride? do i need to change anything else other than the spring to improve the ride or will the springs alone do?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]THANKS AGAIN ! [/SIZE]

the springs should be ok already, but if you still find it harsh, id suggest that you buy the rear shocks of the 5 seater, it will better. the rear only because the front shocks are the same for the 10 seater and the 5 seater.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    i changed my 2002 crv to original us version coil springs, ride went better way better

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    [SIZE=3]thanks again for the replies guys ! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]where did you get your US version original coil springs? from honda? and how much was it? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]T H A N K Y O U ! ![/SIZE]

honda crv 2003 : will lowering spring improve the harsh ride ? PLEASE HELP ^^;